How do you spell this nn

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], so my name is [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] and I have fought the eternal battle of how do you spell my nickname. Is it [name_u]Lexie[/name_u], [name_u]Lexi[/name_u], or [name_f]Lexy[/name_f]? [name_f]My[/name_f] parents used [name_u]Lexi[/name_u] because you take off the first and last letter of my name and get my nickname. How would you spell Lexi/Lexie/Lexy and what are your thoughts on the spelling [name_u]Lexi[/name_u]?

it’s entirely up to your preference! i would probably spell it Lexi but all of those spellings are nice. if someone told me this was their nickname, i’d assume they spelled it Lexi

1 Like

All work perfectly fine, but [name_u]Lexi[/name_u] is my default spelling.

1 Like

I prefer [name_u]Lexi[/name_u]

1 Like

All versions are fine. The one I have most come across is [name_u]Lexi[/name_u], if you want the most expected one. I kind of like the unexpected and generally like ‘y’, just because I like the look of it - so may choose [name_f]Lexy[/name_f] if it was me. [name_u]Lexie[/name_u] is perfectly acceptable and often used as well. [name_m]Just[/name_m] choose the one you like the look of, and consider whether you want the most expected or whether you’re happy to correct people.

1 Like

Usually I spell it [name_u]Lexi[/name_u] though [name_u]Lexie[/name_u] does look more polished

2 Likes

I would probably go for [name_u]Lexi[/name_u] but I so like [name_u]Lexie[/name_u] as well!

1 Like

[name_u]Lexi[/name_u] would be my go to spelling - the three [name_u]Lexis[/name_u] I’ve known have spelled it that way

1 Like

[name_u]Lexi[/name_u] is such a fun and cute name!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_u]Lexie[/name_u], but all are nice

2 Likes

[name_u]Lexi[/name_u] is my favorite!

1 Like

I would probably spell [name_u]Lexi[/name_u] or [name_u]Lexie[/name_u] but [name_f]Lexy[/name_f] also works well. [name_u]Lexie[/name_u] is my personal favourite.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is [name_u]Lexie[/name_u]!

1 Like

Instinctively, I spell it [name_u]Lexi[/name_u], bc most people spell it that way, but my fave spelling is Lexie!!

1 Like

I’d spell it [name_u]Lexi[/name_u] as a nickname. I’ve known a [name_u]Lexie[/name_u], but she used it as a full name, and I’ve also known a [name_f]Lexy[/name_f], but she also followed your logic because her full name was spelled [name_f]Alexys[/name_f]. I also prefer the look of [name_u]Lexi[/name_u].

1 Like

[name_u]Lexi[/name_u] is how I spell it automatically.

1 Like

Thank you all so much. I’ve always spelled it [name_u]Lexi[/name_u] just because it makes the most sense, but when I was in elementary school I’d get invitations with my name spelled [name_u]Lexie[/name_u] or [name_f]Lexy[/name_f]. I was just curious to see which way you all spelled it.

If it’s your nickname, you get to choose how you want to spell it. [name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] and I was always called [name_f]Jenny[/name_f], but at some point I think in middle school I decided I wanted it spelled [name_f]Jenni[/name_f]. I still get greeting cards with “Jenny” on them, but for the most part my family spells it [name_f]Jenni[/name_f]. Except my husband’s family who still spell it Yeny or Yenny, but [name_f]English[/name_f] isn’t their first language.

1 Like