How Does This Sound?

For ages, my husband has wanted to give a boy we had the middle name [name_m]Colin[/name_m] after his grandpa and I’ve… Not been a fan. I suggested [name_m]Cole[/name_m] as that was his grandpa’s nickname, but he didn’t go for it.

Finally… FINALLY he said to me ‘what about [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] instead?’ with his reasoning being it has all the letters of [name_m]Colin[/name_m] in it plus some.

On my last post I got some great suggestions and we are both absolutely in love with the name

[name_m]Phoenix[/name_m] [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m]

What is everyone’s thoughts?

2 Likes

[name_m]Phoenix[/name_m] [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] has a very cool sound. I love the name [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m], and [name_m]Phoenix[/name_m] is beautiful, even though I personally prefer it for a girl. However, put together, [name_m]Phoenix[/name_m] and [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] kind of remind me of [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] being resurrected? I’m so sorry! That’s likely just a me thing, but I thought I’d mention it. Also, it’s kind of heavy on the place names, but I don’t think that’s a total dealbreaker because [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] would likely bring to mind the president before the city for most people.

All in all, this name is lovely and modern-sounding and would be a great choice!

[name_m]Phoenix[/name_m] [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] is a great combo! [name_m]Phoenix[/name_m] isn’t my personal style, but objectively it works well. Neither of the things seawillow mentioned would bother me.

1 Like

I’m in Australia so I don’t know if this would be as impactful here as it would be in the US :slight_smile: so that might make a difference!

2 Likes

It sounds great. I was just thinking the other day that [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] would make a great honour name for [name_m]Colin[/name_m] (or vice versa).

What a great idea! [name_m]Phoenix[/name_m] [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] is fabulous

1 Like

[name_m]Phoenix[/name_m] is an awesome some! Cool, fierce, mystical and unexpected. [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] is a great idea to honor [name_m]Colin[/name_m]. It’s quite original! That idea would have never crossed my mind, but it works perfectly! [name_m]Phoenix[/name_m] [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] flows well. The combo is great! Adventurous and charming.

1 Like

[name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] [name_m]Phoenix[/name_m] would be even nicer, IMHO.

1 Like

[name_m]Phoenix[/name_m] [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] is very cool - I’m in AUS too so I didn’t think about the US associations until they were mentioned!