How to get Rory as a nn?

I adore the nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u] and wanted to use [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] to get it but a family friend have recently named their baby [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], so it’s not on the list anymore. (And hubby doesn’t like the [name_m]Gilmore[/name_m] girls series - [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] isn’t an option either). Is there any other way that I can still use [name_u]Rory[/name_u]?
Other names that are on top of my list are [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f], [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Rita[/name_f], [name_u]Vivian[/name_u], [name_f]Lila[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f] and [name_f]Audrey[/name_f].

What about [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]? [name_u]Romilly[/name_u]? [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]?

1 Like

I have a Rosalia Rae nn Rory on my list. Any name starting with R/Ro could work, or RR initials. I like Rosemary too, possibly Victoria since that’s a less obvious Gilmore Girls connection. Not sure it matches your style but also Astoria
Or maybe names with an ‘or’ sound, Oriana, Isadora

1 Like

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] perhaps?

[name_f]Rora[/name_f]
[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Morwenna[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosaria[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f]
[name_u]Marion[/name_u]

You could also use a [name_m]Leo[/name_m]- name like [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] / [name_f]Leonore[/name_f] and nn her [name_u]Rory[/name_u] (since [name_u]Rory[/name_u] sounds like lions roaring).

1 Like

Have you considered using [name_u]Rory[/name_u] as the first name? I personally don’t see it as too nickname-y, and if that’s what you’re going to call her regardless…

Oh,I love all names on your list except for [name_f]Rita[/name_f]

Morgan,Alora,Aurelia,Romina(pronounced Romeena),Rowena,Maura,Astoria,Gloria,Eleanor,Caroline,Rosemary,Rowan,Laura,Isadora,
Marigold,Marjorie,Mallory,Amory,Cora,Robyn,Rosalind,Rosalie,Rosamund,Anora,Veronica,Elinor,Nora,Dorothy,Victoria,Moriah,Rhiannon,Corinne,Flora,Florence,Coraline,

Forrest
Rosanna
Eleanor
Marlow
Rora
Rowan
Mallory
Lorena
Roscoe
Aria
Cordelia
Florence
Dorothy

Florence/Flora “Rory” is my favourite and seems like a good pick with your other names!

[name_f]Astoria[/name_f], [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] came to mind:)

2 Likes

I know what it is like to have a baby name taken away… I say if you LOVE [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] still use it! Her baby might not be NN [name_u]Rory[/name_u] OR is called [name_u]Rory[/name_u] anyways… So [name_u]Rory[/name_u] and [name_u]Rory[/name_u] anyways…

1 Like