How to name Multiples??? Help

i have spent today looking at twin names but i just found out that i will be having triplets and not twins. Two girls and a boy. i already have three boys that have very traditional names. i have twin names picked out for each with georgianna and cecilia for the girls and [name]Finnian[/name] and [name]Edward[/name] if it were boys. i am not sure what to do now that i am having both girls and a boy. Could these be combined or should i start all over again. What is the best way to name multiples. i don’t want to be very matchy matchy but should there be some cohesiveness. i am lost when it comes to mixing boys and girls names.

It’s really not that hard. [name]Just[/name] remember that they are all individuals, even if they arrive as a set. :smiley:

[name]Georgianna[/name] & [name]Cecilia[/name] are perfect together and of the boys, [name]Edward[/name] goes better, being more classic, like the girls. [name]Finnian[/name] feels trendy (as most Irish names do to this Bostonian). [name]Just[/name] my thoughts, here. I’m sure others will speak up!

I have to ask most respectfully, why [name]Georgianna[/name] instead of the standard [name]Georgiana[/name]? Everytime I’ve typed out [name]Georgianna[/name], I have to go back and add an ‘n’. I can’t be the only one, can I? [name]Georgiana[/name]'s familiar because of literature, [name]Georgianna[/name] isn’t familiar at all (although she did chart for 2 more years than [name]Georgiana[/name] did)!

I was just wondering, is it for the possibility of [name]Anna[/name]? You could still get that with [name]Georgiana[/name]. It’s really no big deal overall, I would think, but my curiousity is getting the better of me. :slight_smile:

I agree with everything [name]Lola[/name] said, including the [name]Georgiana[/name] issue. You certainly have many beautiful names from which to choose, and you can’t go wrong. :slight_smile:

I’m a bit confused as well, because you first asked for opinions of the name [name]Kingston[/name], which you said was a family name, but in a later post on another thread, I saw that it is already one of your existing children’s middle names. I also noticed that you said you were having either twin girls or twin boys; how did you know you weren’t possibly having a boy and a girl? And now, a few hours later, it’s triplets, not twins. ([name]How[/name] great that your OBGYN works on Saturdays!)

Also, for someone who in multiple posts claims to be absolutely clueless about naming and what names “go together,” your existing children have very lovely, fashionable names ([name]William[/name] [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Grey[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Kingston[/name], and [name]Jack[/name] [name]Emmett[/name]). Maybe I’m just tired, but I feel as though we’re being taken on a wild ride. :slight_smile: I certainly hope it’s the former, but something just seems off. :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you!

:slight_smile:

[quote=“jill”]I agree with everything [name]Lola[/name] said, including the [name]Georgiana[/name] issue. You certainly have many beautiful names from which to choose, and you can’t go wrong. :slight_smile:

I’m a bit confused as well, because you first asked for opinions of the name [name]Kingston[/name], which you said was a family name, but in a later post on another thread, I saw that it is already one of your existing children’s middle names. I also noticed that you said you were having either twin girls or twin boys; how did you know you weren’t possibly having a boy and a girl? And now, a few hours later, it’s triplets, not twins. ([name]How[/name] great that your OBGYN works on Saturdays!)

Also, for someone who in multiple posts claims to be absolutely clueless about naming and what names “go together,” your existing children have very lovely, fashionable names ([name]William[/name] [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Grey[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Kingston[/name], and [name]Jack[/name] [name]Emmett[/name]). Maybe I’m just tired, but I feel as though we’re being taken on a wild ride. :slight_smile: I certainly hope it’s the former!

Best wishes to you!

Sorry if i seem confused. [name]Early[/name] on i was told it was going to be twins and that they were likely to be of the same sex (at that point i didn’t want to know for sure plus alot of time that early on they are a little off.) it was only today that i found out it would be triplets (i am still not that far along). We were joking that the doctor was hiding the third baby so i would not have a panic attack.

Anyways i had a free weekend and i was trying to figure out some definite names for the new additions. i want to decide relatively soon. Thanks for the compliment on my kids names but they were ones i had had choosen with my sister since i was about 12, i always wanted 3 boys. Plus most were family names so they really weren’t that much work, now i have to look beyond the family tree. For some reason naming multiples seems so much more daunting especially with girls names and there are many opinions in my very large family. As for kingston i wouldn’t mind using it as a first name even though we have used it as a middle name as it has very dear connections for me. Sorry for any confusion.