How to spell…

I know the most common spelling of the name I love is [name_f]Liliana[/name_f]. But how would you pronounce this name? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you read it as Lily-on-a or Lily-anna? I prefer the second pronunciation, so should we spell it [name_f]Lilianna[/name_f] as opposed to the popular [name_f]Liliana[/name_f]?

For the pronunciation you prefer, I personally find Lily-Anna or [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f] most intuitive. I’d pronounce any smushed together version as lih-lee-ah-nuh.

3 Likes

I’d pronounce [name_f]Lilianna[/name_f] how you prefer it.

1 Like

[name_f]Liliana[/name_f] is the one I’m most familiar with. I’d pn it Lili-ah-nuh (are like rhyming with car or like [name_f]Anna[/name_f] in Frozen)

I would pronounce Liliana as lily-AH-nuh (as opposed to lily-anna), whereas I would pronounce Lilianna as lily-anna (as opposed to Liliana). I would not surprised to be corrected on either pronunciation, though; I went to school with a Juliana (AH-nuh) and Julianna (anna) so learned that’s how to pronounce -ana and -anna… but since then have encountered both pronunciations of both spellings of various names. So, a Lilianna may have to occasionally correct people but I don’t think it would be a big deal.

I agree you’d want nn with that pronunciation

[name_f]Lilianna[/name_f] is so pretty. I think that spelling and pronunciation are more classic and unique, and while both pronunciations are nice, I think Lily-anna sounds more timeless.

1 Like

I’ve met a lot of Liliana’s and Lillana’s, it is one of the most popular names where I live, and I’ve only ever heard lily-ann-ah :cherry_blossom:

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] like the [name_f]Anna[/name_f] in frozen like mentioned by @Greyblue

I’d instinctively pronounce both as lih-lee-AW-nuh (I’m in the southeastern US, for context). I think [name_f]Lilianna[/name_f] would be more instinctive for the pronunciation you want :blush:

1 Like

With one n, I would say “on-a”. With 2 n’s, I would say “an-uh”.

1 Like

I pronounce both spellings the same, Lily-AH-nah. But I prefer the look of [name_f]Liliana[/name_f], which is straightforward. It also might depend on where you live, to how it gets pronounced!

1 Like

I would say it Lily-anna for just about any spelling!

That’s funny im in the southeast too

I pronounce both of them lily-on-a. I agree with the others, I would do [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f]

I would probably pronounce them both Lily-aw-nuh however I wouldn’t have been surprised if [name_f]Lilianna[/name_f] was Lily-anna

100% [name_f]Liliana[/name_f]. Lily-on-ah

I’ve always always said Lily-onna for [name_f]Liliana[/name_f], so I think the two N’s are better if you want it to be Lily-Anna.

I would pronounce both Lily-Anna

I think i prefer the spellings Lily-Anna or [name_f]Lilyanna[/name_f] anyways though

[name_f]Liliana[/name_f] = Lily-ah-na
[name_f]Lilianna[/name_f] = Lily-anne-uh