How to you pronounce "Aurelia"?

I want to make sure I am saying it the correct way.

It can be pronounced as aw-rel-ya, or aw-rel-ee-uh.

I say it ‘aur-RAIL-ya’ or ‘aur-RAIL-ee-a’, but I’ve heard ‘a-REEL-ya’, too. I think it’s a lovely name, either way!

I wouldn’t get too stressed over pronunciation. As you can see by the multiple postings, [name]Aurelia[/name] can be pronounced in a number of ways depending on the culture. Some people say it with an “AW” sound in the beginning but I prefer it the French way of “OH” as it’s prettier I think. Pick the one you feel most comfortable with as it’s one of those names that people don’t hear very often. It’s definitely a rare, underused gem! I say it like oh-[name]REE[/name]-lee-a.

[name]Ah[/name]-rel-ya

aw-[name]RAY[/name]-lee-uh

I pronounce it : or-[name]REE[/name]-lee-uh

Not my favorite name but I loveeee the nickname Auri… =)

I also say or-REEL-ee-uh. I think this is a really beautiful name and I love it for its history.

uh-rail-ya that’s how it was pronounced in [name]Love[/name] Actually and that’s the only time I’ve ever heard the name. So pretty, though!

Personally I would say au-RELL-ee-a.

Everyone always pronounced my great-aunt [name]Aurelia[/name]'s name as “uh-REEL-ee-a”, but I’ve been told that she always preferred the softer “aw-RELL-ee-a” pronunciation. I like that one much better too! But it’s a beautiful name anyway it’s pronounced.

Not that it’s pertinent to the OP’s question, but it’s definitely the “ee-uh” ending in [name]Love[/name] Actually, as opposed to “ya.”