How would an American pronounce Nivaan and Anvay

We are down to two names -

1. Nivaan
  2. Anvay

As an American, which one do you find easier to pronounce and how would you pronounce each of them?

To give a little context, Nivaan means pure in hindi. Its pronounced ni-vaan.
Anvay means positive in Sanskrit and is pronounced un-vai.

I’m not American, but I was taught English by someone with an American accent so!
I feel like Nivaan would be easier for an English-speaker, since people would pronounce Anvay as un-vei instead of un-vai

^^

That’s how I would pronounce them both. I could see a lot of people confusing Un-vai with An-vai otherwise they are pretty self explanatory

Ni-vaan

Anvay I would pronounce as on-vay (vay rhyming with ‘weigh’).

I think the pronunciation of Nivaan is more intuitive for the average American.

I would say ni-VAAN and AN-vay.

I’m American. My guesses would be “Niv-ahn” and “[name_f]Ann[/name_f]-veigh” but simple two syllable names like that will make it easy to correct and remember. Either would work!

My first reaction was niv-ahn and an-vay…

I think Nivaan is a little easier than Anvay. I’d say Nivaan correctly but my intuition for Anvay would be ann-vay (vay rhyming with weigh).

Thank you everyone!!!

As an American, I think Nivaan is easier to pronounce and also sounds beautiful.

Anvay I would pronounce ahn - vey (rhyming with they).

I would pronounce it this way too. Neither name looks challenging at first glance, but the way people pronounce some vowels can be tricky.

I agree with all that’s been said. I would say Ni-vaan and An-vey.

I think Ni-vaan might also sound good to American ears (but still unique and beautiful) because there are lots of two syllable boy names ending in -en, and I can see this fact making it easier for others to grasp.

Not exactly the same, but some similar rhythm…I’m can hear a teacher saying, “Nivaan, [name_u]Aiden[/name_u], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], get back here!” :slight_smile:

I would have guessed Nivaan as “niv-ahn” with the last syllable rhyming with the name [name_u]Shawn[/name_u].
I would have guessed Anvay as “ahn-vay” with the first syllable rhyming with the name [name_u]Shawn[/name_u].

So I think I’d have been closer with Nivaan. It seems a bit easier of the two for english speakers to say.

I think Nivaan would be easier. Without looking at how to pronounce them, my guesses were nee-vahn and ahn-vay.