How would you classify Theia?

[name]How[/name] would you even classify that name? I’m really not sure? And do you like it? I like it pronounced “thay-ah” so I prefer [name]Theia[/name] to [name]Thea[/name]. Not my typical style AT ALL. I like all frills. My dad’s name is [name]Theodore[/name] so it may be a good middle, or even first if it can stand alone? [name]Just[/name] trying to decide if it can make the list :wink:

According to Behind the Name [name]Theia[/name] is a variation of [name]Thea[/name], which originates from Greek mythology. Therefore, I’d classify [name]Theia[/name] as a mythological name. I think it’s nice but it will be seen as a kry8tiv spelling.

[name]Do[/name] you like lacier versions like [name]Theodora[/name] or [name]Theodosia[/name]?

I like the traditional spelling of [name]Thea[/name]. I don’t think [name]Theia[/name] would be pronounced correctly any more often, and the spelling would be a headache.

I would class it as an exotic classic, feminine but no-frills.

My first thought for a longer name was Theocleia/Theokleia, but I like [name]Theia[/name] on its own, and would also prn. it thay-uh
Yes, mythological classification, or exotic, or Greek

I’m saving up [name]Theodore[/name] for if our last child (if we go for #4 is a boy) :wink: but if we don’t I thought maybe cute as a middle. I feel like I like it for someone else’s kid, and if I saw it I would say wow great choice but I guess not for me :confused: I do like it though.

I like it. It makes sense to spell it [name]Theia[/name] if you are going to pronounce it [name]Thay[/name]-uh. Thumbs up

I am a [name]Theodora[/name] and my great-aunt from the Ukraine was a [name]Tekla[/name], which is a version of the Greek Theocleia, which means, “God’s [name]Glory[/name]” and is in the apocryphal Acts of [name]Paul[/name] and [name]Thekla[/name] somewhere.

I love that my name, [name]Theodora[/name], is finally receiving some attention. I absolutely hated it growing up, and was nicknamed [name]Theo[/name]. I hated that because it sounded so masculine. I am very happy to the an adult [name]Theodora[/name].

[name]Theia[/name] was one of the Titans, so definitely mythological and awesome.

[name]Thay[/name]-ah should be the correct pronunciation from the greek roots.

(check this out it explains a lot about her THEIA - Greek Titan Goddess of Sight & Heavenly Light)

As for the actual name, I love it! So pretty.

I’d say [name]Thay[/name]-a with that spelling too, and Thee-a for [name]Thea[/name], so the spelling makes sense to me. I like both, but [name]Thea[/name] seems more classical to me and [name]Theia[/name] more exotic.