How would you honor an Ellen?

I would like to honor my great aunt, and was wondering how some of you might use the name [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] (first name/middle name/use a variant)?

I am rather keen on [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] (also a family name, the full combo, that is), but am thinking about [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] on its own.

[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] is such a lovely combo! But [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] on it’s own is also very pretty and timeless imo.

If I were not to use either of those, I would personally go with a name reminiscent of [name_f]Ellen[/name_f], e.g. [name_f]Elena[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Elaine[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], etc.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] as is! But it I were going to switch it up, I’d use a variant (most likely Eleanor). [name_f]Nell[/name_f] or [name_f]Nelle[/name_f] is sweet as a little anagram. I also like the idea of using a name with a similar meaning, like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] or [name_f]Claire[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] on its own! [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] is currently my top combo :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

If I couldn’t use [name_f]Ellen[/name_f], I like the idea of Nella/Nell/Nellie, [name_f]Elinor[/name_f], [name_f]Leni[/name_f], or [name_f]Helen[/name_f]!

I would use [name_f]Elena[/name_f] because I really don’t like Ellen,sounds very dated in my opinion.
Other options could be [name_f]Helen[/name_f], [name_f]Helena[/name_f], [name_f]Elaine[/name_f].

I’d probably use a variant like [name_f]Nell[/name_f], [name_f]Helen[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] or [name_f]Elena[/name_f] but I like [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] too!!

I’d consider [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] or [name_f]Mabli[/name_f] [name_f]Ellen[/name_f]!

I really like [name_f]Elle[/name_f]. [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] is lovely too.

For the record, [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is not a variant of [name_f]Helena[/name_f] or [name_f]Ellen[/name_f], as I understand it. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] stems from “alia Ainor” (other Ainor) or something to that effect, while [name_f]Helena[/name_f] is Greek. I say this because I too used to make the same assumption.

Maybe [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] but that’s probably a bit of a stretch? More likely [name_f]Helena[/name_f], or maybe even just [name_f]Ella[/name_f]. [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] is lovely.

[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] is so so pretty! If it is middle name, I think [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] is lovely, but if it is for a first name, I think that [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f], or [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] could be some very pretty plays on the name [name_f]Ellen[/name_f]

What do you think of [name_f]Elin[/name_f] (ee-lin)? It is the swedish version of [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] and I find it really cute.
I also like…
[name_f]Helen[/name_f]
[name_u]Aiko[/name_u] (variant I believe)
Helene/Helena
[name_u]Pen[/name_u]elope
[name_f]Olena[/name_f] (variant)
I don’t really like [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] as a first name. It’s sound vary dated. I do like [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] though.

For me, I find direct use of names to be the best way to honor relatives. Because you like the name [name_f]Ellen[/name_f], I’d go for it as a first or middle in a combo! It’s a lovely name.

1 Like

I would use [name_f]Nell[/name_f] or [name_f]Elin[/name_f]. [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Nell[/name_f] would sound cute!

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] for me. A more direct approach would be Helen/Helena or [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] is beautiful :), always loved [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] as a first name!

I really like [name_f]Lainey[/name_f]!

I’d use [name_f]Helena[/name_f] or [name_f]Elena[/name_f]

I would be so excited to meet a little [name_f]Ellen[/name_f], so that definitely gets my vote here since it sounds like you’re open to a direct honor! :yellow_heart: Other than that, I think my personal pick would be [name_f]Nell[/name_f]!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] cousin’s name is [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Ellen[/name_f]! I think that’s a great combo. [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] on its own is a lovely name and could definitely be used in the first name spot. Otherwise there’s so many names that could be used to honor [name_f]Ellen[/name_f]:

[name_f]Ella[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleni[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Helen[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f] / [name_f]Nellie[/name_f]

I’d use [name_f]Elena[/name_f]

[name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Margo[/name_f] are two other options if you wanted to use the whole name.

Margaret Ellen is gorgeous! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Variants of Ellen…
Elle
Nell
Ella
Ellie
Elena
Helen
Helena