How would you honor Martin Luther...

Edited for privacy.

wow, a lot of cool ideas here!

What about [name]Arthur[/name]? m[name]ARTin[/name] luTHeR

bahaha, that’s hilarious. That would be one long thread! I’m not sure I could even form it into words. I didn’t think I was terribly picky as far as names go, but I’ve been on name boards for probably close to 5 years now and I think I’ve just honed down what it is I really want in a combo. Not that anyone else really knows what that is, lol.

I try to keep an open mind, though, and not get too attached–I’m pretty sure my future husband won’t share my taste. :frowning: Which is why [name]Charles[/name] “[name]Charlie[/name]” is still a FN consideration–it has a lot of sentimental value to my mom, and I love the idea of having a little [name]Charlie[/name], even though I know I couldn’t have an [name]Everett[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] [name]Charles[/name] AND a [name]Charles[/name] [name]Ezra[/name] [whatever]. [name]Everett[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name] would be a pretty cool sibset, though. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I figured [name]Boaz[/name] [name]Saxony[/name] was a no-go, haha. I am tossing around [name]Boaz[/name] [name]Addison[/name] [name]Peter[/name], [name]Boaz[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] [name]Peter[/name], [name]Boaz[/name] [name]Frederick[/name], and [name]Boaz[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name], still, though.

As a proud Lutheran, I’m so jealous you have a connection to the reformer! Martinus was the name recorded when he entered the University. His father’s name was [name]Hans[/name]. For a girl, I would maybe think of [name]Faith[/name] or [name]Grace[/name]. [name]Remember[/name], he said we are saved by grace, not works.

Edited for privacy.

[name]Sarah[/name], lol, I really don’t think I need to make the screening process for a husband any more complicated than it already is! Then again, I could be happy with an [name]Isabella[/name] or an [name]Emmeline[/name] or a [name]Sylvia[/name], or anything in between. As long as he doesn’t try to get me to use a unisex name for a girl, I don’t think we’ll have too much trouble compromising. :slight_smile:

@bigsweater - haha, my dad’s family are very proud Lutherans, as well! My dad sort of swapped denominations on them, so I’m not Lutheran, but I do appreciate where I came from. Besides, it’s not guaranteed that I have a connection to him, but it would be so cool if I did!