How would you honor Scott for a girl's name?

What names for a girl do you think could be used to honor [name_u]Scott[/name_u]?

I actually kind of like [name_f]Scotland[/name_f]. A bit Kardashian? Probably, and also not my usual style, but there’s something about it.

I’ve also seen Scotlyn, or even just [name_u]Scottie[/name_u], considered for a girl.

And I don’t know how tenuous you’d consider going, but a Scottish name might be a nice, very subtle not. Personal favourites of mine are [name_u]Mirren[/name_u], [name_f]Morven[/name_f], Eriska, [name_f]Ferelith[/name_f], [name_f]Marsaili[/name_f], [name_u]Fifer[/name_u], [name_u]Blair[/name_u], [name_u]Adair[/name_u], [name_f]Islay[/name_f]…

1 Like

It’s a bit of a loose connection but maybe [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]? It shares the first two and the last two letters with [name_u]Scott[/name_u].

3 Likes

Scout would be really sweet!

7 Likes

@katinka Thank you. I am not so keen on [name_f]Scotland[/name_f] or Scotlyn or [name_u]Scottie[/name_u] so I may need to go tenuous :slight_smile: [name_u]Blair[/name_u] is nice though and [name_f]Islay[/name_f].

@dandy_orchid I LOVE the [name_u]Scout[/name_u] suggestion. I never would have thought of that. But I love the literary association too to Kill a Mockingbird.

2 Likes

Oh I’m so glad! :blush: [name_f]Scotia[/name_f] is another thought that just occurred to me.

1 Like

Seconding the suggestion of [name_u]Scout[/name_u]! I think [name_u]Scout[/name_u] is the perfect way to honor [name_u]Scott[/name_u] for a girl.

If you’re looking for more suggestions how about…
Scotte (feminization of [name_u]Scott[/name_u]?)
[name_u]Sky[/name_u] / [name_u]Skye[/name_u]
[name_f]Scota[/name_f]
[name_f]Scotia[/name_f]

2 Likes

I have i [name_u]Scott[/name_u] to honor as well! ([name_f]My[/name_f] dad) I love [name_f]Scotland[/name_f] nn [name_u]Scottie[/name_u]! But I also like [name_u]Scottie[/name_u] all by its self! I also like [name_u]Scout[/name_u] and Scottlyn.

1 Like

@Lily_Grace Yep, my Dad was a [name_u]Scott[/name_u] too :slight_smile:

I just discovered [name_f]Alba[/name_f]. The Gaelic word for [name_f]Scotland[/name_f] that also means [name_f]Dawn[/name_f]. It was also the name of a sweet, bright, adorable girl in the Time [name_u]Traveller[/name_u]'s Wife. I can’t see [name_f]Alba[/name_f] as a first name but I can see it as a middle.

Skye was my first thought. Scottish, also sounds similar to [name_u]Scott[/name_u].

1 Like

@EagleEyes [name_u]Skye[/name_u] is on my list as a possible boy or unisex name. I say unisex because three children is my ideal and I would love one girl and one boy and so I like to have unisex names for whichever the other might be :slight_smile:

1 Like

Scotia or [name_u]Scottie[/name_u]! [name_u]Scott[/name_u] is also a family name for me as well, so I’ve thought about using it as well.

1 Like

I’d honestly look for something else to connect her to the person you’re naming for. Perhaps his personality, a virtue of his, an animal he loves, his birth month…

That’s adorable! I like [name_u]Scottie[/name_u] on a girl - it was also the [name_m]Fitzgerald[/name_m]’s daughter’s nickname (full name [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_u]Scott[/name_u] [name_m]Fitzgerald[/name_m]).

1 Like

Perhaps [name_f]Caledonia[/name_f]–the Latin name for [name_f]Scotland[/name_f].

Maybe [name_m]Prescott[/name_m], nn [name_u]Scottie[/name_u]? It’s got a surname/unisex vibe.

I think it actually, in this context, means white x