How would you honour a Neil?

(hope I’m posting this in the right forum - it is a boy name but boy/girl/unisex suggestions are all welcome)

Hi everyone,

Not ttc but thinking of the future. There is a Neil in my life who one day I would like to honour, and I was wondering if you guys could help suggest ways I could do that as I’m drawing a bit of a blank. Right now all I can think of is using the name itself, and -

Nelson - means ‘son of Neil’
Nell - but I don’t really like this one.

Any suggestions, berries?
Thank you in advance :heart:

Ooh those are both gorgeous!

1 Like

Cornelius, Nils, Cornelia, Nephele or Nell.

[name_u]Neil[/name_u] means [name_u]Cloud[/name_u] so [name_u]Cloud[/name_u] might be a cool middle!

[name_u]Lennon[/name_u], [name_m]Len[/name_m], [name_f]Leni[/name_f], [name_u]Nile[/name_u], [name_u]Eli[/name_u], [name_f]Elin[/name_f], [name_u]Niall[/name_u]

These are a bit further from [name_u]Neil[/name_u] itself, but maybe [name_u]Noel[/name_u] or [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]?

Seconding [name_u]Niall[/name_u], [name_u]Nelson[/name_u] and [name_f]Elin[/name_f]!
Other suggestions:
[name_u]Daniel[/name_u], [name_f]Danielle[/name_f], Perenelle, [name_f]Annelise[/name_f], and [name_f]Fenella[/name_f] :).

[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]

Maybe it’s too close but I’ve always really loved the name [name_f]Nelia[/name_f] for a girl!

[name_u]Niall[/name_u], [name_m]Elian[/name_m], [name_f]Leni[/name_f]

I don’t think [name_m]Niels[/name_m] is mentioned yet!

1 Like

Nels
Nila
Nina
Leni

[name_u]Niall[/name_u] for a boy and [name_f]Leni[/name_f] for a girl

O’neill or Tenille

editing to add: [name_f]Pernille[/name_f]

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Oooh I love [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]!

1 Like