How would you pronounce Chantille?

Without any hints, without looking it up, just reading it off the page. [name_m]How[/name_m] would you pronounce:

Chantille

ps, whoooo it’s been a minute since I’ve been on here! some of you miiight remember me freaking out over this name (my name) as a teenberry, and wanting to change it. [name_m]Just[/name_m] wanted to get some opinions on pronunciation now that I’m a little older.

Thanks loves!

I remember you! [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] back :blush:

shawn-teel

2 Likes

Shawn-teel

Shawn-till though sharn-till-ee came to mind too

Welcome back! I’d pronounce it Sh-oh-n-teel in a [name_u]French[/name_u] accent x

1 Like

Hmm :thinking: I’m always curious as to how/why people get to -till instead of -teel. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you also pronounce [name_f]Lucille[/name_f] loo-sill? [name_u]Camille[/name_u] ca-mill? Or is it just this name that encourages that sound?

I’d say it kind of like SHON-tee.

5 Likes

@katinka :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: you could make a girl cry! So few people get it right!

1 Like

Haha, glad to oblige :wink:

It’s such a pretty name! I can understand how a unique name which is frequently mispronounced can feel like a burden, but I’d love to have a name which is so uniquely mine.

1 Like

I would say it’s shon-tee like chantilly cream

Edit: Oh, i got it right! Pretty name :blush:

1 Like

Welcome back! I’d guess it’s a bit like [name_f]Chantelle[/name_f] at first glance, but the [name_u]French[/name_u] speaker in me wants to pronounce the end as I would [name_u]Camille[/name_u] in [name_u]French[/name_u], soooooo

Either [name_u]Shan[/name_u]-teel or [name_u]Shan[/name_u]-tee?

1 Like

Oooh so it’s different for each name? I love your pronunciation of [name_u]Camille[/name_u], really pretty :heartbeat:

1 Like

I would yes. Maybe that’s wrong :grin:

1 Like

Shan - TEAL

1 Like

No right and wrong with language necessarily! Im just curious :relieved:

[name_u]Shawn[/name_u]-tell or [name_u]Shawn[/name_u]-teel

[name_m]Ah[/name_m], this is what I was trying to get across with my spelling as well! I knew something about mine wasn’t right, but I couldn’t figure out how else to spell it. Although I say it with an L at the end - I did immediately say it without the L, but then decided it probably was with an L. I was wrong :laughing:

1 Like

I’d say shan-TEEL.

Shahn-Teel
or
[name_u]Shahn[/name_u]-Tee (if I’m feeling french)

1 Like

Shan-TEEL