How would you pronounce Ischa?

For a while we have been looking fot boys names and we finally found one… but we’re looking for an internationally pronouncable name, we now really like Ischa, but are a bit afraid about the pronounciation. So could you help us out? [name_m]How[/name_m] would you pronounce Ischa? Thanks for helping out!

I would probably pronounce it Ee-sha

I’ve honestly never seen or heard of this name so I’m completely guessing on the pronunciation. It reminds me of [name_u]Sacha[/name_u] so I would pronounce it like Ee-sha.

From what I understand about Ischa it is a diminutive of [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] in the same vein as [name_u]Mischa[/name_u] ([name_u]Michael[/name_u]), [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] ([name_m]Alexander[/name_m]) and [name_u]Pasha[/name_u] ([name_m]Paul[/name_m]), so I would pronounce it to rhyme with those. ^^
Ischa is a gorgeous choice!

I’d say Ee-sha

ee-sha would be my prn

I would also use ee-shuh. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the name, by the way. It’s so handsome.

My first thought was EYE-sha

I’d say “IH-shah” - “ih” like in “kit”.

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name.

Not familiar with the name, but I’d go with Ee-sha

Dear all! Thank you so much! Considering your responses we have now found our name :wink: very happy!

When I looked at it I thought it was a girls name and pronounced it, iss-ka, but then second guessed, iss-sha.Then realizing it was male, I pronounced it, eye-sha.Sorry I am no help.

EE-sha for me at a glance.