How would you pronounce Lielle?

I know I’ve already asked about this name… but I just want to make sure she doesn’t have a difficult life! It’s supposed to be pronounced lee-elle. Let me know how you would pronounce it, and whether it’s too difficult in the U.S. Alternative spelling is [name_f]Liel[/name_f].

1 Like

I would definitely pronounce it the way you are suggesting!

1 Like

I am in the US btw. Lielle seems like the more intuitive option.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] intuition says [name_u]Lee[/name_u]-elle! The Lielle spelling seems a lot easier to me; I’m not sure I would immediately know how to pronounce [name_f]Liel[/name_f].

4 Likes

I would pronounce it as Lielle. I think for [name_f]Liel[/name_f] I’d struggle and try Lye-ul first (like [name_u]Lyle[/name_u])

3 Likes

I feel like the pronunciation lee-ELL is pretty intuitive. I prefer the [name_f]Liel[/name_f] spelling, personally.

1 Like

I’d definitely pronounce it the way you want it to be pronounced. I’m in the eastern US, by the way!

1 Like

Pronounced it the way you are thinking. Definitely prefer Lielle to [name_f]Liel[/name_f] for reasons others have posted above!

1 Like

I know how to pronounce it because I can read it in Hebrew. The second syllable is stressed and I’m not sure that everyone would know that, but otherwise, I think it would be pronounced correctly.

I think Lielle would make more sense for people to pronounce correctly but I do prefer [name_f]Liel[/name_f] because that’s the more traditional spelling.

I’d pronounce it as “Lie-elle.”

I would pronounce it [name_u]Lee[/name_u]-elle.
I think written it looks nicer than [name_f]Liel[/name_f], so I would go with Lielle…
(I am from [name_m]Germany[/name_m])

1 Like

I immediately read it as [name_u]Lee[/name_u]-elle too :blush: I prefer the Lielle spelling, I’m not sure I’d intuitively pronounce [name_f]Liel[/name_f] as [name_u]Lee[/name_u]-elle. From [name_f]England[/name_f] btw!

1 Like

I’m in the UK too and would pronounce it the same way as you. [name_u]Lee[/name_u]-elle

1 Like

I would pronounce this as lee-elle. I’m American, and if I saw [name_f]Liel[/name_f], I would probably read it as “[name_u]Lyle[/name_u].” I think Lielle is a straightforward and very pretty spelling.

1 Like

Lielle is straightforward, and emphasizes the ELLE. I like that spelling much more.

I feel the same way about [name_f]Anaelle[/name_f], Yaelle, and [name_f]Arielle[/name_f].

1 Like