How would you pronounce Lucia?

I have seen Loo-CHEE-uh and Loo-sha used before but recently I met a little girl and she said her name as Loo-see-uh. I am a little intrigued by this pronunciation and I think it makes the name very soft. What pronunciations have you heard? [name]How[/name] would you pronounce it? [name]Do[/name] you think Loo-see-uh could be a legitimate pronunciation?

I [name]Say[/name] Loo-CHEE-uh.
I have heard Loo-see-uh before, I think I consider it plenty legitimate. I’ve actually never met a person with this name who says Loo-sha though, just the place name.

I love it! I say Loo-shah.

The Spanish-background people I know say loo-see-uh, loo-chee-uh is Italian [name]Both[/name] are legitimate, I don’t diss either, but I love the Spanish pronunciation more, for its softness.

Occasionally in Australia (which has more Italian-speaking people than Spanish-speaking people) I’ve heard loo-see-uh dissed as “wrong” but it’s not really - unless the particular [name]Lucia[/name] doesn’t like that, of course. In the US [name]East[/name] Coast city I was from I think loo-see-uh was more popular, overall.

The lovely [name]Lucia[/name] can be pronounced in all three ways - “loo-CHEE-uh” is Italian, “loo-SEE-uh” is Spanish and “loo-shuh” like the Caribbean island of St. [name]Lucia[/name]. I prefer the place name pronunciation and then the Italian. Depends on what sounds best to your ear!

I’d assume [name]Lu[/name]-see-ah, the Spanish pronunciation. But the others are legit.

I say [name]Lu[/name]-SEE-ah, kind of anyways. It’s pretty close to how I’d say it in my native tongue.

For a long time, I liked [name]Lou[/name]-see-uh, but I’ve always actually said it [name]Lou[/name]-sha. A lot of people say “the real Italian pronunciation is [name]Lou[/name]-chee-uh”, but my boyfriend’s dad who is 100% Italian says it [name]Lou[/name]-sha.

[name]Lou[/name]-see-uh. I teach a little girl called [name]Lucia[/name] and that is how she says her name anyway.

I automatically say loo-chee-uh but I have heard the other pronunciations. As far as I know, they’re all correct, it just depends on where you’re from or your heritage.

I’ve always said it as “[name]Lou[/name]-see-ah.” I knew a “Loo-sha” though.

I knew a little Italian girl, and it was pronounced loo-CHEE-uh. She went by [name]Lucy[/name].

I say it [name]Lucy[/name]-[name]Ah[/name].

I knew a girl named [name]Lucia[/name] (pronounced [name]Lu[/name]-see-ah) - because that is the spanish pronunciation. I like it best because its softer.

[name]Lucia[/name] prn’s Spanish,Italian, a bunch more/

I say loo-chee-uh, but a friend who named her daughter [name]Lucia[/name] pronounces it loo-see-uh.

I say it Loo-sha unless I’m told it’s pronounced another way - I also like loo-see-ah. I don’t MIND loo-chee-ah, but it feels unnatural for me to say.

I instinctively say Loo-sha, but I’ve also heard the other two, and they all seem valid to me. I think my favorite sound of the three is Loo-SEE-uh.