How would you pronounce Marjolein?

Thread title says it all, I’m curious as to how you’d pronounce the name Marjolein. So you can try to research it, but I’d rather know how you assume it’s pronunced, and if you knew in advance of course post away.

Before you suggest it’s not a really practical name for a girl, well then you’re 20 years late (cough it’s my name cough).

I assume [name_f]MAR[/name_f]-jo-[name_f]Line[/name_f]. Second guess is [name_f]Mar[/name_f]-[name_u]Jo[/name_u]-LEEn

mar-jol-eye-n

At first glance, I’d say it something like mar-yo-lane/mar-yo-line.

I’d probably actually say it as “mar-jo-lane,” or “mar-jo-leen.” It’s very pretty regardless of pronunciation, though!

[name_f]Mar[/name_f]-jo-[name_f]LINE[/name_f].

My first guess would be [name_f]MAR[/name_f]-juh-lain. My second guess would be [name_f]MAR[/name_f]-juh-lyne. I would not be surprised at all to find out it was [name_f]MAR[/name_f]-juh-leen or that the “J” is supposed to be pronounced as “Y”.

I would say “mar-jo-leen”

I would also say “mar-jo-leen”

I’d waffle over the final syllable but probably try [name_f]MAR[/name_f]-jo-line (thinking the end was the same as fraulein). But if the Marjolein in question was Dutch (the name looks Dutch?), I’d try [name_f]MAR[/name_f]-yo-line first. In both cases [name_f]Mar[/name_f] would rhyme with car.

[name_f]Mar[/name_f]-joh-line is my best guess.

[name_f]Mar[/name_f]-jo-leyn

[name_f]Mar[/name_f]-[name_u]Jo[/name_u]-LEEn

I would guess mar-zho(soft J sound like in the [name_m]French[/name_m] pronunciation of jolie)-lane.

[name_f]Mar[/name_f]-yo-leen would be my guess.

So are you going to enlighten us?

My guess is [name_f]Mar[/name_f] - jo - line. I have a [name_m]French[/name_m] friend named [name_f]Marjolaine[/name_f] (pronounced [name_f]Mar[/name_f] - zho - lehne)

My first thought was mar-jo-lane, but then I thought it would also be mar-jo-lin, like [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f].

mar-oh-lean or mar-joh-leen

[name_f]Mar[/name_f]-jo-[name_u]Lane[/name_u]

[name_f]Mar[/name_f]-zho-lenn.