How would you pronounce this girl name?

We came across the name Vanadey, but we dropped the V to get the name Anadey. We are pronouncing it Ahn-na-day. ([name_f]Anna[/name_f] from Frozen + day)

How would you pronounce Anadey.

Thoughts on this name?

3 Likes

I would instincively say [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-dee

for ah-nuh-day, I would spell it Anaday maybe?

4 Likes

I met an Anavey once pronounced [name_f]Ahna[/name_f]-vey so I think Anadey with your pronunciation (which is basically Anavey but with a d) works!

I like it but from looking at it I get [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-day not [name_u]Anh[/name_u]-na-day, I know more people names [name_f]Anna[/name_f] then [name_f]Anna[/name_f] ([name_u]Anh[/name_u]-na)

I would say [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-day.

1 Like

Uh-nay-dee

I can’t decide whether I would’ve defaulted to [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-day or [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-dee without reading your pronunciation, but I definitely would’ve rhymed the first syllable with “can” rather than sounding like “ahn.” Not a hard correction, though!

1 Like

I would say the same as you do.

Hmmm Vuh-naw-dee soo Uh-naw-dee. Would be my guess.

I would guess [name_f]Ahna[/name_f]-dee. Maybe consider an alternate spelling like Anaday or Anadai?

I would instinctively pronounce it [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-dee or [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-day, but wouldn’t be surprised that it was [name_f]Ahna[/name_f]-day. I don’t know if there would be any other way to spell it

First thought was ann-nuh-dee. :confused:

I would say ah-na-dee but my second thought was day.

Anna-day would be my instinct.

1 Like

Anna-day was my first thought

At first glance Vanadey made me want to say something like Vanity with an A and D instead of I and T, but looking further at it [name_f]Vanna[/name_f]-day would make more sense

Anadey I would pronounce as you intend for it to be pronounced (ahna-day)

I’d say ahn-na-dee, also like [name_f]Anna[/name_f] from Frozen

Anna-day or [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-dee (also with a short A like in “can”). It’s a pretty name!

The first name I would pronounce like Vanity.
So dropping them V has me pronouncing it like Anity. (Vanity without the V) :woman_shrugging:t2:

I’d pronounce it as you do