How would you spell a name pronounced No-Me?

Hello! I’ve recently really liked a name pronounced “No-me”, but I haven’t found a clear spelling for it. Originally, I assumed it would be [name_f]Noemi[/name_f] but have learned it’s pronounced No-eh-me or No-ay-me. I’ve typed out Nomie, but assume a first instinct for this spelling would be “nahm-ie”? Would people in the US assume [name_f]Noemi[/name_f] is no-eh-me? What am I missing?! lol!

I’ve seen [name_f]Nomi[/name_f] used, with that pronunciation, irl. I think that and Nomie both would be pretty intuitive for most people and if it’s not its an easy one-time correction and is said how its spelled (nomi) so shouldn’t be too hard for most to grasp easily.

I also would assume, as most I know would, as [name_f]Noemi[/name_f] is an established name, that it’s pronounced with three syllables so I do think if you went with that spelling it would need to be corrected almost every single time. With Nomie/Nomi I don’t see it being the same kind of issue

3 Likes

I’d assume [name_f]Nomi[/name_f]. Very cute!

2 Likes

i’d spell it nomi !! i’ve seen that spelling/pronunciation around a fair amount. i’d pronounce nomie like that as well, but it wouldn’t be the spelling i would guess. i would pronounce noemi as no-eh-mee or no-ay-mee, but i’d find it weird as no-mee.

1 Like

Another vote for [name_f]Nomi[/name_f]- so sweet! I’ve only met one person with this name and this is how she spelled it, and it seems like a pretty straightforward/intuitive option.

1 Like

Maybe Nomy or Nomee? I’d pronounce them as you want them to be (though I’d pronounce [name_f]Nomi[/name_f] as No-me too)

1 Like

[name_f]Nomi[/name_f]. [name_f]Noemi[/name_f] would most likely get a three syllable pronunciation.

1 Like

I would spell No-Me as [name_f]Nomi[/name_f]. Nomie seems intuitive to me as well.

1 Like

I’d go for [name_f]Nomi[/name_f], though the linguist in me wants to suggest [name_f]Noami[/name_f] / Noamy as well! (Chomsky ref, of course :upside_down_face:)

1 Like

I love [name_f]Nomi[/name_f], as well as [name_f]Noemie[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Nomi[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Nomi[/name_f], like [name_m]Klaus[/name_m] [name_f]Nomi[/name_f]

1 Like

I’d go for [name_f]Nomi[/name_f]. [name_f]Noemi[/name_f] is a separate name.

1 Like

[name_f]Nomi[/name_f] or perhaps Nomy!

2 Likes