Howard (Howie) or Henry?

We are due in 6 weeks and cannot figure out a name. Nothing is popping out at us. Our last name is [name_m]Stuart[/name_m]. [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Stuart[/name_m] seems too wannabe royal to me. I think [name_m]Howie[/name_m] is cute but am afraid others won’t like it. I’m stuck! Thoughts? Any other suggestions?

I loved [name_m]Howie[/name_m] when I was a teen. I still really like it. Trouble is I feel neutral toward [name_u]Howard[/name_u]. I adore [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. I think [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Stuart[/name_m] is very handsome. It does not feel like a royal wannabe to me.

I love [name_m]Henry[/name_m]! I think [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Stuart[/name_m] sounds lovely. Not a huge fan of [name_u]Howard[/name_u]/[name_m]Howie[/name_m].

Are you set on an H name?
[name_m]Holden[/name_m] [name_m]Stuart[/name_m]
[name_u]Holland[/name_u] [name_m]Stuart[/name_m]
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u] [name_m]Stuart[/name_m]
[name_m]Hagen[/name_m] [name_m]Stuart[/name_m]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m] [name_m]Stuart[/name_m]

If it doesn’t have to be an H name…
[name_m]Roland[/name_m] [name_m]Stuart[/name_m]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m] [name_m]Stuart[/name_m]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_m]Stuart[/name_m]
[name_u]Finley[/name_u] [name_m]Stuart[/name_m]
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u] [name_m]Stuart[/name_m]

If you like it, and want it, who cares if others don’t? He’s your son. And you know what? When the doubters meet your adorable little [name_m]Howie[/name_m], they’ll be won over. My grandfather was [name_u]Howard[/name_u] and he was one of the best people I knew, and quite handsome as a younger man. [name_u]Howard[/name_u] means brave heart, has a cute nickname, and isn’t too popular or too out there. [name_m]Henry[/name_m] means estate ruler (not quite as good as brave heart), doesn’t have a nickname and is way too popular. I definately think [name_u]Howard[/name_u] wins the field.

For me, [name_u]Howard[/name_u] and [name_m]Stuart[/name_m] are a bit too close in sound, they don’t really flow well together. [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Stuart[/name_m] sounds much better to my ears.
(Oh and on a different and rather unimportant note, [name_u]Howard[/name_u] and [name_m]Stuart[/name_m] together very much remind me of TBBT)

Ahhh I’m torn, I personally love [name_u]Howard[/name_u] and it doesn’t seem to be used much these days, but I kind of think [name_m]Henry[/name_m] flows better with your surname? It does sound a bit royal as would [name_u]James[/name_u] or [name_m]Charles[/name_m].
Other suggestions for more traditional names that I think would go with your surname: [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Stuart[/name_m], [name_u]Francis[/name_u] [name_m]Stuart[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Stuart[/name_m], [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] [name_m]Stuart[/name_m], [name_u]Stanley[/name_u] [name_m]Stuart[/name_m], or the more modern-sounding [name_m]Brandon[/name_m] [name_m]Stuart[/name_m]? I’m also going to put in a plea for [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m] because my husband hates it but I think it’s cute!

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Stuart[/name_m] sounds very cute to me. That was actually my great-grandfather’s name, but he went by [name_m]Stuart[/name_m].

See @bookandkettle’s response.

I agree with you. This is baby #4 so I know it is not realistic to find a name everyone will love. I just don’t want people to turn up their noses to [name_u]Howard[/name_u]/[name_m]Howie[/name_m]. :slight_smile:

If you like [name_m]Henry[/name_m] better on its own, then use it. I’m not fond of [name_m]Howie[/name_m], but [name_u]Howard[/name_u] is cute.

[name_u]Howard[/name_u]! [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is lovely but overused.

I like [name_u]Howard[/name_u], [name_m]Howe[/name_m], [name_m]Howell[/name_m], and [name_m]Ward[/name_m].

I love [name_m]Henry[/name_m], and don’t find it too royally. My only problem with [name_m]Howie[/name_m] is my dislike of [name_u]Howard[/name_u]. The nickname is charming, the given name is not. [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is limited by the lack of nicknames though. I also appreciate the list of H names provided by Laynuh - especially [name_m]Holden[/name_m].