Hugo Cox - too teasable?

Um, yeah sorry I think it’s not useable with your last name

What about…
[name_m]Harvey[/name_m]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u]
[name_u]Hayes[/name_u]
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u]

Firstly, I adore your son’s name! [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] is such a handsome, timeless name, and [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] is adorable.

As for [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], yes, I’m so sorry, but I think it’s too teasable ): High school would be… well, it would be ruthless to say the least.

That said, I think [name_u]George[/name_u] is a wonderful name and a great match with [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]. To be honest, I think you might regret not using it if you avoid it for [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is a beautiful name, don’t get me wrong, but you might end up having all boys anyway and never getting to use [name_u]George[/name_u]. I know it’s a toss up because you can never predict what’s going to happen, but I would personally go for it so you never have any regrets (:

1 Like

Shame. But I think you are right. [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] Cox would just get so many taunts.
How about [name_u]Harry[/name_u]? Have you looked at other H boy names. [name_u]Harry[/name_u] and [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] sound lovely.
There is also
[name_m]Harlan[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]?
[name_m]Hamish[/name_m]
[name_m]Horatio[/name_m]

1 Like

I would use [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]. I think it’s a great name. It took me a long time to see what you were getting at.

[name_m]Say[/name_m] it aloud with the surname though :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Hamish[/name_m]!

2 Likes

Oh! Yup lol my bad.

2 Likes

I agree you should just use [name_u]George[/name_u]! Its great!!! You may not have a girl or even if you did I dont find [name_u]George[/name_u] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] super matchy and the first letter is different so it doesn’t leave [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] out of any theme I dont feel.

2 Likes

I would try to get your husband in on [name_u]Milo[/name_u]! To me its the perfect alternative to [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], because unfortunately… I think [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] might be a bit too teasable. [name_m]Otto[/name_m], [name_u]Arlo[/name_u], and [name_m]Lazlo[/name_m] might also be worth considering :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! [name_u]Theo[/name_u] is super cute, but [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] is commonly known as the nickname for [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]/Theo- so I think it would get confusing if we had a [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] and [name_u]Theo[/name_u]!

Felix is suuuper cute! It’s my sisters top pick (though that wouldn’t stop me using it- she’s not pregnant or anything!).

1 Like

Thanks! Yea, I tend to agree that avoiding [name_u]George[/name_u] because of a future hypothetical [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is maybe not necessary. If we had a wee boy tomorrow I think it’s most likely the name we’d use - though I don’t love how popular it is. I kinda love a 2 syllable name ‘[name_u]George[/name_u] Cox’ too- very efficient!!

Harry and [name_m]Willy[/name_m] (both names we liked) fall into the same trap as [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] unfortunately :laughing:

2 Likes

Somehow totally missed you were calling your [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Teddy[/name_u], sorry :joy:

Currently in school and in high school, I was reading this aloud when a friend called to get their input, and right away they laughed :sweat_smile: I think giving your surname it limits your possibility which is a shame since [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] goes well with [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]! I recommend [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]! I think [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] go well together! I also really like [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] and [name_m]Nathanial[/name_m]!

1 Like

I agree with this, unfortunately :point_up:

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_u]Theo[/name_u] are great suggestions! [name_u]Milo[/name_u] maybe?

2 Likes

Uhhh yeah. Sorry. That’s really on the nose.
Similarly, Id avoid [name_u]Harry[/name_u], [name_u]Holden[/name_u], color/adjective names.

I’d suggest Arlo or Marlow

1 Like

Also avoid [name_u]Ryder[/name_u]

1 Like

Sorry but I think it is… no kid should have to deal with that in school

It took me a minute to realize it but yeah you should try to avoid [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]/ other names like it. I really like some of your other choices though especially [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]!:blush:

Yeah, I would strongly advise agaist [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] Cox as a combo. I’m sorry that it’s your favorite name and that you won’t get to use it, but I saw what you were getting at immediately and feel like middle schoolers would just be ruthless about that sort of thing.
While I like a lot of the names on your and your husband’s lists, one name that came to mind that I didn’t see was [name_u]Miles[/name_u]. It’s similar to [name_u]Milo[/name_u], which you said you liked, but it has a more similar feel to [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] and to some of the other names on the lists like [name_u]George[/name_u] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]

1 Like