Hugo or Arthur

We are getting close to welcoming our next baby - 5 weeks to go.

We are still unsure on gender but want something that goes with [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m].

Girls name I think we are sorted.

Boys name, we had our hearts set on [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] for years but during this pregnancy I’ve been looking for something else (mainly because we had a chance to use [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] when we had [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] but didn’t so who’s to say I’ll want to go ahead with it this time). Last night my husband suggested [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] with the nickname [name_m]Artie[/name_m] which I think is cute and has got me thinking.

Would love to hear which you all think suits as a brother name best?

[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] or [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]?

1 Like

Hmm, both are great! I think Hugo (your longtime love) definitely works with Lachlan and is meaningful to you! Otherwise Arthur is really cool, just doesn’t have that meaning (which isn’t bad, it’s still a great name).

• Hugo
  • Arthur

0 voters

tough one… but I like [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] for you, since you say you’ve wanted to use it for years, this is your chance! [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] would be really cool too, both names work really well :grin:

I love [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], but I actually like [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] better with [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]. They make great brother names! :slight_smile:

I love Arthur’s bold and regal feel :slight_smile: [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] & [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] make a lovely brother set although [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] works as well.

You could just name him [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]

Both work really well but I slightly prefer [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] nn [name_m]Artie[/name_m]!

i love hugo with lachlan! it seems to be a long time love for you, which feels more special.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] is kind of cute, but it feels a little bit posh & not as sweet & down to earth as [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]. [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is handsome & kind & strong & just perfect for a little brother. I’ve never cared much for [name_m]Artie[/name_m], but I think I’d actually be really excited to meet one…maybe I do like it! It’s cheerful & friendly, & also super cute w/Lachlan.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

I love both [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] so much! For some reason I slightly prefer [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] with [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m], but both are perfect

I love both names but I agree that [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] fits a little better with [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]!

I prefer [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] but [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] do go together really well. [name_m]Artie[/name_m] is really cute!

Not sure if you have a middle name in mind but [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] would be a great brother to [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]. And [name_m]Artie[/name_m] is so cute