Husband and I can't agree on boys names!!!

We’ve always been able to agree on girls names, we love [name]Delaney[/name] and [name]Molly[/name]. But he’s just so darn STUBBORN for the boys names!
He loves [name]Bruce[/name]. Are you kidding me? No offense to the [name]Bruce[/name] lovers out there, but I just can’t stand to think of naming my baby [name]Bruce[/name]. He also likes [name]Clark[/name] and [name]Cole[/name]. I can live with [name]Cole[/name], but we have a one syllable last name and I always told myself my childrens names had to flow nicely. I suggested Colton, in turn calling him [name]Cole[/name], but he hates it. I’ve always loved [name]Liam[/name], [name]Lucas[/name], and [name]Parker[/name], but he hates them. We both have names that we can live with, like [name]Benjamin[/name] or [name]Maxwell[/name]… but I don’t love them! And I want to [name]LOVE[/name] my childs name! What should we do? Any suggestions on names? Keep in mind, he hates anything too unique or too common, and specifically hates surnames as first names even though I told him [name]Delaney[/name] was a surname

Please help us!!!

[name]Cole[/name] could work with a one syllable last name. [name]Cole[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name] ____ or [name]Cole[/name] [name]Lucas[/name] ____ could work!

[name]How[/name] about [name]Colin[/name] as an alternative to [name]Cole[/name] with [name]Cole[/name] as a nn?

[name]James[/name]
[name]Kyle[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Porter[/name]
[name]Quentin[/name]
[name]Hunter[/name]
[name]Axel[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]/[name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Weston[/name]

[name]Caden[/name]
[name]Colby[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Dayton[/name]
[name]Luca[/name]
[name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Ryker[/name]
[name]Brick[/name]
[name]Toby[/name]
Issaiah
[name]Corbin[/name]
Body
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Nikko[/name]
[name]Finley[/name]

TBH, I don’t like the name [name]Cole[/name]. Never have. I don’t like the sound of it. However, I do like [name]Clark[/name]. I think it’s handsome and classic and will stand the test of time.

You can tell him [name]Cole[/name] is a surname as well… I think you can use [name]Cole[/name], it depends on what kind of one syllable surname you’ve got. If it’s [name]Lee[/name] or something, it might not go so well, but Wise would be fine.

Suggestions (I’m seconding [name]Oliver[/name] by the way, it seems right up your alley!)

[name]Dillon[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Irving[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Nigel[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name]

Thank you for the suggestions, guys. Our last name is [name]Roy[/name]… so I’m also worried with the name [name]Cole[/name] [name]Roy[/name], does it sound too much like corduroy? Saying [name]Cole[/name] [name]Roy[/name] sounds weird to me.
I [name]LOVE[/name] some of your suggestions.
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Weston[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]

Only problem is my stubborn husband! gosh! He says " [name]Spencer[/name] and [name]Weston[/name] aren’t real names" and " If we name it [name]Luke[/name], his middle name has to by skywalker" I’m just praying it’s a girl because it might get to the point where I just throw up my hands and tell him he doesn’t have a say any more, because there is picky and then there is just down right obnoxious!

I love [name]Clark[/name] and [name]Cole[/name] both!!

Is he a comic book fan? [name]Bruce[/name] and [name]Clark[/name] are the civilian names for Batman and Superman respectively. If he is, maybe you could work something out along those lines.

What about…
[name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Jonty[/name]
[name]Zeke[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Kyan[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]

I agree that [name]Cole[/name] [name]Roy[/name] sounds a bit odd. If he likes [name]Cole[/name], [name]Clark[/name] and [name]Bruce[/name], it seems like he likes short, strong names. What about:

[name]Zachary[/name] ([name]Zach[/name])
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Kent[/name]
[name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Gus[/name]

@mckaylalove he is a huge comic fan and that’s exactly why he likes those names… Which is why I suggested [name]Parker[/name] (Spiderman’s civilian last name) And he hated it, and said “Only if its [name]Peter[/name] [name]Parker[/name]”. I don’t like the name peter, and I’m all about humoring the whole comic book thing, but I draw a line. He wants “[name]Bruce[/name] [name]Wayne[/name] [name]Roy[/name]. [name]Clark[/name] [name]Kent[/name] [name]Roy[/name]. [name]Peter[/name] [name]Parker[/name] [name]Roy[/name]. [name]Luke[/name] Skywalker [name]Roy[/name]” and I just won’t to it to my poor child! And any suggestion I make he just seems to hate. I’m almost in tears sometimes he’s so annoying with it. I don’t know what to do. Everything is either “too classic, too unique” or “not a name”. I’m so lost. I hope I can find a name we both love, and soon!

You are completely justified in your frustration. No offense, but it sounds like your husband needs to grow up. Perhaps you should sit him down, inform him of the fact that he is no longer 12 years old and that the two of you have a real, live human to name, and go from there.

No offense taken, to know I’m not crazy and you understand makes me feel a lot better!!
[name]Every[/name] time I talk to him about it, he tells me that he just genuinely likes the names [name]Bruce[/name] and [name]Clark[/name]. Which, knowing him, I actually believe. There is just no common ground for us and boys names. We have dozens girls names that we absolutely love, but we can’t agree on a single boys name. It’s very frustrating. I try to appease him by looking up marvel or dc characters, try to find out their names and I suggest the ones that I like to him. But then it goes back to “I don’t like [name]Parker[/name] on it’s own, it would have to be [name]Peter[/name] [name]Parker[/name]” We literally have a list of “Meh” names. But like I said in my first post, I want to love my childs name! I want the child to be able to go through his or her entire life with a good solid name that suits them.
These are our “Meh” Boys names, but I’m also pretty weird and have reasons to why I can’t commit to LOVING it. But these are literally the only names he hasn’t said “No” to.

[name]Benjamin[/name] (Could love this, but the song “[name]Ben[/name]” makes me hesitate)
[name]Maxwell[/name] (Because [name]Jessica[/name] [name]Simpson[/name] named her daughter [name]Maxwell[/name])
[name]Jack[/name] (Because of people saying “Off” after it)
[name]Charles[/name] (Because I love the nn. [name]Charlie[/name], but it’s becoming a feminine nn. as well)

and then there’s [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Joseph[/name](nn. TJ) after our fathers. But his parent’s are divorced, and we’re very close with his mother, and when we told her we were thinking about it, she was nearly in tears because of us possibly naming our first born after her ex.

There are decent comics names. Besides [name]Bruce[/name] [name]Wayne[/name] and [name]Clark[/name] [name]Kent[/name]-- which everyone and their mother immediately know are comics names-- how about:

[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Curry[/name] (aquaman)
[name]Anthony[/name] Stark ( iron man)
[name]Benjamin[/name] Grimm ( the Thing)
[name]Grayson[/name] ([name]Robin[/name])
[name]Edward[/name] Nygma (the Riddler)
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Philip[/name] [name]McCoy[/name] (Beast)
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] (X-men)
[name]Jay[/name] [name]Garrick[/name] (the [name]Flash[/name])
[name]Jim[/name] [name]Hammond[/name] (the Torch)
[name]Logan[/name] Howlett ([name]Wolverine[/name])
[name]Max[/name] (Magneto)
[name]Reed[/name] Rchards ( Mr Fantastic)
[name]Robert[/name] [name]Bruce[/name] [name]Banner[/name] (Hulk)
[name]Scott[/name] [name]Summers[/name] (Cyclops)
[name]Steve[/name] [name]Rogers[/name] ([name]Captain[/name] [name]America[/name])

[name]How[/name] about [name]Nicholas[/name] nn [name]Cole[/name]?

[name]How[/name] about the names of the actors who have played [name]Clark[/name] [name]Kent[/name]?

[name]Christopher[/name] [name]Reeves[/name]
[name]Dean[/name] [name]Cain[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name] Welling

Or the names of actors who have played [name]Bruce[/name] [name]Wayne[/name]?

[name]Adam[/name] [name]West[/name]
[name]Michael[/name] [name]Keaton[/name]
[name]Ramsey[/name] [name]Ellis[/name]
[name]George[/name] [name]Clooney[/name]
[name]Eric[/name] [name]Lloyd[/name]
[name]Christian[/name] [name]Bale[/name]

**Maybe some of their first or last names may be of interest to you or your husband.

There is also a practical argument against naming a child [name]Luke[/name] Skywalker [name]Roy[/name] or [name]Peter[/name] [name]Parker[/name] [name]Roy[/name]. Yes, it might be awesome for 2-3 years while your son is in grade school, but at some point he may want to attract a girlfriend or a job. And those names [name]WILL[/name] work against him. It’s pigeonholing your son into a very rigid box. A name should not only reflect a child’s background, but also continue to bless him throughout his life.

Are you currently pregnant/is this your first child? It seems to me that a lot of men don’t really get serious about names until there is a “bun in the oven,” so to speak. So maybe his somewhat childish approach to naming is due to the fact that he is slightly apprehensive about the whole Becoming A Parent thing in general? The fact that your husband is actually being rather contradictory–many of the names he prefers are surnames–makes me think that he is not currently being very serious about naming…which is actually OK if there’s not a pressing need for a name THIS SECOND, as long as he gets more serious when there is an actual child needing a name.

I see your frustration here. You have to laugh. Your husband is such a man. Tell him he has to compromise and that you don’t want your son to have such an obvious super hero name. This will cause embarassment and teasing later. You sound like you are being completely reasonable. He needs to do the same.