Hyphenated last names?

So I’m hoping one of the berries on here can help me out. My husband and I are planning for a baby sometime next year and we’ve been discussing possible baby names. Well when I got married last year I kept my last name and we both decided that our kids would have both of our last names hyphenated together. What I was wondering was when writing initials, what letter do you use?

For example say the kids name is (first)[name_u]James[/name_u] (middle)[name_m]Christopher[/name_m] (last)[name_m]Smith[/name_m]-[name_m]Pearson[/name_m]
Would the initials be J.C.S, J.C.P, or J.C.S.P? I’ve never really thought about it before so I was kind of curious :slight_smile:

Maybe J.C.S.P? Possibly with a hyphen. I don’t know if there’s any rules on what to do with initials regarding hyphenated last names but personally, I would probably do J.C.S.P.

I think the child could decide on his own, if it were me(since i never ever use my middle name) i would go by J.S.P.

This is kind of what I was thinking, using initials for all 4 names. I know when they get older they sometimes pick one of the two last names to casually go by, which is fine, I’ve just been trying to do the “make sure the initials don’t spell anything crazy or embarrassing” test.