Hypothetical- Eve Elizabeth, too biblical?

Hello!! Currently thinking of more combos and I’ve been loving the nickname [name_f]Evie[/name_f]. [name_f]Evie[/name_f] is a gorgeous name, but I see it more as a cute nickname than an adult stand alone name. [name_f]Eve[/name_f] , [name_f]Eva[/name_f] , [name_m]Ever[/name_m] and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] are all on my list and they’re all very pretty for their own reasons. But, there’s something about [name_f]Eve[/name_f] that I find so beautiful. With all that being said I’ve been thinking about [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] as a combo but is it too biblical?

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] is my favorite variation of these names as well! I think both [name_f]Eve[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] are so well established by now in their own right, that they dont feel overly relgious in any way.

3 Likes

I think [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is such a classic that it doesn’t feel specifically biblical? Same with [name_f]Eve[/name_f], I think. I wouldn’t find this name was overly biblical

1 Like

definitely not too biblical !! i’m aware of elizabeth’s meaning but i don’t think of it as biblical or religious, just as a classic, traditional choice. eve does bring to mind the adam & eve story, but not too much so, and i don’t think using elizabeth as a middle makes the biblical connection any stronger than it would be with another middle name

1 Like

@tallemaja @LibelluleClaire @Greyblue thank you for the feedback!

1 Like

I think it’s a beautiful name

1 Like

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is so beautiful and it doesn’t feel biblical at all for me!! (And I say this as someone who went to Catholic school!!)

1 Like

i think eve elizabeth is lovely !! they’re both very familiar classic names so don’t read as expressly biblical to me, either on their own or together.

1 Like

I think it is beautiful!

1 Like

[name_m]Super[/name_m] classic and stunning combo!

2 Likes

so pretty and definitely not too biblical— coming from someone who’s very religious!

1 Like

I’m a [name_m]Christian[/name_m], and my first association with [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is the queen followed by various book characters! It honestly takes me a sec to remember it’s a Biblical name. And I think it’s a pretty combo!

1 Like

nope! it reminds me more of old hollywood.
i do think of biblical/christmas for eve, but not at all for elizabeth

1 Like

Oh my gosh I went to school with an [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] and honestly I crushed so hard on this name! I also absolutely love [name_f]Evie[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] which I played around with when I was expecting [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] amongst many many names. So of course I love [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]! She’s elegant, soft, has a gorgeous sound, is very timeless and definitely not too biblical.

1 Like

Not at all. They are so established as classics I don’t think they’re overtly biblical :slight_smile:

1 Like

They sound great together. I don’t think anyone would give it an overtly religious connection. So many popular names have come from the bible anyway!

1 Like

I don’t think it’s too biblical at all! Both names are classics, and they don’t feel specifically biblical at all to me. [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is a very beautiful and yet solid combo. [name_m]Strong[/name_m] and playful, yet very feminine, a little dainty. Be proud of it, and don’t worry it’s not too biblical.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your feedback!

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is beautiful!

I agree mostly with the others, [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is so classic I wouldn’t really expect any specific religion to choose it; that being said, as a [name_m]Christian[/name_m] I do think of the Biblical characters, so it does feel just slightly religious to me, if that makes sense? If I wasn’t [name_m]Christian[/name_m], I don’t think I would, but since the associations are so strong for me, I do.

If you’re worried about it, I think there are other names that have a similar feel like:

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Katharine[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Georgina[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] Helene/Helena
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]

Good luck!

1 Like

I think it’s beautiful, even though I’m not a super fan of [name_f]Eve[/name_f] .

1 Like