I am currently crushing on Artemis. Discuss.

Too fanciful, or is it unique and cute and wearable throughout life? I can see it on a little girl, a teenager, and an old woman… Although Dr [name]Artemis[/name] Surname or Prime Minister [name]Artemis[/name] Surname does have quite a nice ring to it.

Other choices are:
[name]Octavia[/name]
[name]Ursula[/name]
[name]Minerva[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name]
Themis
[name]Juno[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name]
As you can probably tell, I like my girls names strong, with lots of character and history. Any other suggestions?

I’m not a fan of [name]Artemis[/name]. Sounds too harsh, at least to me. I love the name [name]Juno[/name]. That’s my favorite from your list.

I think it’s too fanciful and would be tough to live up to on a real girl. From your list I like [name]Juno[/name] and [name]Claudia[/name].

I see that it’s a girl’s name (goddess name) but it just doesn’t sound like one to me. I can hear it being shortened to [name]Artie[/name]. I would go with one of the other choices on your list.

I know an [name]Artemisia[/name] (Ar-tay-me-see ya!) nn [name]Arte[/name] (Ar-tay).

[name]Hi[/name]! [name]Claudia[/name] and [name]Juno[/name] are my favorites from your list. Atemis does feel very fanciful to me, but if I knew a little [name]Artemis[/name], perhaps I’d feel differently. I do think it’s a very pretty name!

Names that remind me of [name]Artemis[/name]:

[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Ariadne[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Clio[/name]
[name]Demetria[/name]
[name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Evadne[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Leonora[/name]
[name]Lavinia[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Xanthe[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

There’s a really popular set of children’s books called [name]Artemis[/name] Fowl, and that [name]Artemis[/name] is a boy so I think that could be a problem. From your list I love [name]Octavia[/name], [name]Juno[/name] and [name]Claudia[/name].

I too have seen [name]Artemis[/name] used for men. I’d go with [name]Artemisia[/name]. My [name]SIL[/name]'s middle name is [name]Dyan[/name] ([name]Diane[/name]), but [name]Diane[/name] and [name]Artemis[/name] are the somewhat the same goddess in [name]Roman[/name] and Greek mythology. [name]Artemisia[/name] was the name of a Renaissance woman painter and the name of a female tyrant mentioned in the Histories of Herodotus. I think it’s a great idea to use the more classical names. I love [name]Lavinia[/name] and [name]Aurelia[/name] as well.