I am new!

[name]Hi[/name] berries, I am new here and love this site! Great advice and friendly environment. I am a teenager and I’m a geek for names! My boyfriend and I are pretty and serious, we plan on getting married in the next year or so. We plan on having kids, too. We talk about names with each other.
Here are names on the list, each name has a meaning for both of us.
Girls:
[name]Siri[/name]- Bf is Norwegian and embraces it. This names Old Norse. Also, means beautiful.
[name]Annika[/name]- Norwegian name. Feminine version of Annikan. ( SW fans!) possible nicknames: [name]Ann[/name], [name]Anni[/name]
[name]Lena[/name] or [name]Lina[/name]- again, Norwegian. My bf had a horse named [name]Lena[/name], lives with his grandparents now.
[name]Charlotte[/name]- I have a lot of [name]Charles[/name] in my family, we would call her [name]Charlie[/name].
[name]Georgia[/name]- my bf was born in GA, we would call her [name]Georgie[/name]. Means farmer and we live in Iowa
[name]Josephine[/name]- Nickname would be [name]Josie[/name]. [name]Joseph[/name] is a family name.
Girl middle names:
[name]Susan[/name]- My moms name and his moms middle name
[name]Tacy[/name]- my middle name
[name]Winter[/name]- my moms maiden name

Boys:
[name]Gale[/name]- We love the Hunger games trilogy! I prefer Peeta as a character, but. I love [name]Gale[/name]'s name. Possibly a nickname for [name]Galen[/name]. (school around here is named Gehlen)
[name]Soren[/name]- pronounced Sore-n by me, Soo-ren by him. a Norwegian name.
[name]Luke[/name]- SW, again.
[name]Aksel[/name] or [name]Axel[/name]- had a family member, like 2nd or 3rd cousin named this. A Norwegian name and [name]Axe[/name] for my weaponry bf
[name]Asher[/name]- no Personal meaning, but I love that it means happy and the sound of it. I guess an A name like mine.
[name]August[/name] or [name]Gustaf[/name]- [name]Love[/name] the nickname [name]Gus[/name]. Norwegian or Scottish name. I’m French and Scottish.

Boy middle names:
[name]Foster[/name]- my bf’s mn and his father’s
[name]Dean[/name]- Great-Uncle’s mn and bf’s grandpa’s mn
[name]Joseph[/name]- family name

What do you think of my name choices? Any suggestions? I’m glad I signed up here!

[QUOTE=norseberry;1397723][name]Hi[/name] berries, I am new here and love this site! Great advice and friendly environment. I am a teenager and I’m a geek for names! My boyfriend and I are pretty and serious, we plan on getting married in the next year or so. We plan on having kids, too. We talk about names with each other.
Here are names on the list, each name has a meaning for both of us.
Girls:
[name]Siri[/name]- Bf is Norwegian and embraces it. This names Old Norse. Also, means beautiful. This is pretty
[name]Annika[/name]- Norwegian name. Feminine version of Annikan. ( SW fans!) possible nicknames: [name]Ann[/name], [name]Anni[/name] I also like the spelling of [name]Anneke[/name] and clever connection to SW.
[name]Lena[/name] or [name]Lina[/name]- again, Norwegian. My bf had a horse named [name]Lena[/name], lives with his grandparents now. No to [name]Lena[/name] but a big yes to [name]Linnea[/name] which is a Scandinavian name
[name]Charlotte[/name]- I have a lot of [name]Charles[/name] in my family, we would call her [name]Charlie[/name]. Cute but getting very popular
[name]Georgia[/name]- my bf was born in GA, we would call her [name]Georgie[/name]. Means farmer and we live in Iowa Very nice
[name]Josephine[/name]- Nickname would be [name]Josie[/name]. [name]Joseph[/name] is a family name. The nn I like is [name]Fifi[/name] but I am not a [name]Josephine[/name] fan.
Girl middle names:
[name]Susan[/name]- My moms name and his moms middle name. I think you need to update this to the beautiful [name]Susannah[/name] as [name]Susan[/name] is very dated now.
[name]Tacy[/name]- my middle name Sorry no
[name]Winter[/name]- my moms maiden name This is a terrific name especially as a middle for example [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Winter[/name]

Boys:
[name]Gale[/name]- I think the child would be mistaken for a girl all the time
[name]Soren[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this one!
[name]Luke[/name]- SW, again. I would go with the handsome [name]Lucas[/name] it still has the SW theme in it
[name]Aksel[/name] or [name]Axel[/name]- had a family member, like 2nd or 3rd cousin named this. A Norwegian name and [name]Axe[/name] As a middle only
[name]Asher[/name]- [name]Lovely[/name] name becoming popular
[name]August[/name] or [name]Gustaf[/name]- [name]I dislike August names a lot but I could be partial to Gustaf as a middle

Boy middle names:
[name]Foster[/name]-Nice
[name]Dean[/name]- A little dated but still nice
[name]Joseph[/name]- Always a classic and good choice

my combo favourites

[name]Soren[/name] [name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Winter[/name]
[name]Annika[/name] [name]Siri[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name] [name]Aksel[/name]? not sure wdyt?
[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Foster[/name]

[name]Welcome[/name], norseberry!

For girls, [name]Siri[/name], [name]Annika[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Lena[/name]/[name]Lina[/name] and [name]Winter[/name] are gorgeous. [name]Siri[/name] is short for [name]Sigrid[/name], which I also like.

I’m not mad about [name]Josephine[/name] either, but [name]Josie[/name] and [name]Fifi[/name] are cute nicknames.

You can find a ton of Norwegian names here: Norwegian Names - Behind the Name
Also, you can find the most popular names in Norway here: Popular Names in Norway 2010 - Behind the Name
[name]One[/name] of my favourite names, [name]Linnea[/name], is used in Norway. :slight_smile:

For a boy, I love [name]Soren[/name] the best, and [name]Dean[/name] is great if it’s significant to you and your boyfriend. [name]Dean[/name] is 1-syllable, so it’d make a great middle name.

I hated the Hunger Games so any name from there I tend to avoid personally, but it’s great that you liked it and [name]Gale[/name] is a cool name (and trivially, I liked him more than Peeta and [name]WAY[/name] [name]WAY[/name] more than [name]Katniss[/name].) As rollo pointed out, he may be mistaken for a girl so you could use it as a nickname for [name]Galen[/name] or [name]Gabriel[/name]. [name]Asher[/name], [name]Axel[/name] and [name]Luke[/name] are also appealing.

To add to rollo’s suggestion of [name]Lucas[/name], am I right in thinking they use [name]Lukas[/name] in Norway?

Combos for girls:
[name]Siri[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Lina[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Siri[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Winter[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Annika[/name]
[name]Siri[/name] [name]Annika[/name]

For boys:
[name]Soren[/name] [name]Dean[/name]
[name]Soren[/name] [name]Gale[/name]
[name]Axel[/name] [name]Luke[/name] ([name]Axel[/name] feels quite strong to me; I think [name]Luke[/name] softens it nicely)
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Luke[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Gale[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Dean[/name]

Hmm, well, I (and lots of other people) already answered a very similar question for amvancura (who is either suffering from a case of identity theft, is you in an imagined future with said boyfriend, or happens to have eerily similar family names and style choices). Not trying to make you feel unwelcome when you have witness/received great advice before, but what’s going on?

Amvancura was a troll. This is the real me. Except i just suffered a break up. Names I love will probably change now.