See the results of this poll: Which I name is best

Respondents: 67 (This poll is closed)

• Ivy : 35 (43%)
  • Iola : 3 (4%)
  • Imogen : 23 (28%)
  • Isis : 13 (16%)
  • Iolantha : 1 (1%)
  • Other…tell me what below!: 6 (7%)

I like all of the other names in your poll too, but [name]Isis[/name] is definitely the clear leader for me - I adore her. I love her zest, and the strength and character that come from the history of [name]Isis[/name] (Ancient Egyptian Mythology), is just so beautiful and interesting!

Other I names I like that you might like to consider: [name]Indira[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Ianthe[/name], [name]Indra[/name], [name]Isabela[/name], Isatou, [name]Isolde[/name]/[name]Iseult[/name], [name]Isla[/name] + Iscah.

You missed a trick there… What about [name]Isla[/name]!! She is the princess of all the I names.

[name]Isla[/name] has not made it past early testing against my husband. It’s nice enough, but I don’t love it enough to fight for it, compared to these other ones. It is currently trending upward locally so I suspect there will be many little Islas in our little I’s classes. :slight_smile:

[name]Ianthe[/name] I really like, but all the -ee ending names are a bit tricky with our last name. [name]Ivy[/name] only made it this far because a) I love it a lot and b) It’s not “weird” as my husband so helpfully critiques. Being mainstream, and phonetic, gave it a leg up. I do like [name]Indira[/name] and [name]Iris[/name].

[name]Isabella[/name] and all the [name]Isabel[/name] variations are beautiful, but my husband’s best mate has one and its IIRC the most popular girl’s name in the state, so we’re going to take a pass.

[name]India[/name], [name]Indigo[/name], [name]Isadora[/name], [name]Iyana[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Iliana[/name].

[name]Indie[/name] ianthe and ivy

I voted for [name]Imogen[/name], but [name]Iris[/name] is one of my favorites. Though similar, it sounds less “diva” than [name]Isis[/name] (to me), but is still a strong bold sort of botanical name.

[name]Irene[/name] or [name]Irina[/name], Inna, [name]Isolda[/name], Ionella

I like [name]Imogen[/name] the best of your choices.

Other considerations for you:
[name]Isotta[/name]
[name]Inez[/name] / [name]Ines[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name]
[name]Ilaria[/name]
[name]Ilona[/name]

I voted [name]Ivy[/name] and other, mainly because [name]Isabelle[/name] is my favorite “I” name (as you can see in my signature), but it’s too popular (and too closely related to the popular [name]Isabella[/name]) for most people, so [name]Ivy[/name] is my second choice. Short and sweet, naturey, perfectly suited for all names. It really is pretty perfect. :slight_smile:

I like [name]Isla[/name], [name]Iris[/name], and [name]Imogen[/name], as well…

You missed [name]Iris[/name]! I’m totally surprised it wasn’t on there. It fits so well with the others. Also - [name]Iona[/name] or [name]Ione[/name] (I prefer [name]Iona[/name], personally).

Anyway, I voted [name]Ivy[/name]. I didn’t like it at first, but it has seriously been growing on me recently. I almost chose [name]Imogen[/name] but I just don’t love it like I used to. [name]Iola[/name] is sweet, but [name]Iolantha[/name] is too much of a mouthful to me.
I like [name]Isis[/name], but there is something off about it. Not sure what. It seems almost incomplete or flimsy sounding.

Out of your choices, [name]Isis[/name].

I also love [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Ilona[/name] (I think this is such a gorgeous name and love the nn version, [name]Ilonka[/name]).

[name]Imogen[/name], followed by [name]Ivy[/name].

I love the name [name]Isolde[/name]. I think it is just one of the most beautiful girl names. Starts with an i though the i is pronounced as an e. If your looking for the i sound as well as spelling then I would pick [name]Isis[/name] from your list with [name]Ivy[/name] second.

I chose [name]Isis[/name], but I would have voted for [name]Iris[/name] or [name]Indira[/name] if they had been choices :slight_smile: