I know the answer to this but...

Are [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] and [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] just too close for brothers? I’d never call [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] by anything other than [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], although obviously there is the possibility of someone else calling him [name_m]Ike[/name_m] or [name_m]Zac[/name_m] but I really don’t think that will happen as most [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]'s I know are just known as [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] with no nickname at all.

I also pronounce [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] more as I-zuk rather than I-zak, does that change things even slightly?

The combo’s would be…
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] & [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] [name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]

I pronounce it like eye-zic. No, not too close, and in fact, I think they would sound great as a sibset.

I say [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] in the same way you do, with more of a -zuk sound, so I don’t think they’re too close; I didn’t see the similarity until I saw them written down. :stuck_out_tongue:

I like them together, not too close. I love the name [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]. [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] is cool, I always want to call a little [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] nicknames like [name_m]Aries[/name_m], [name_m]Rye[/name_m], or something that pushes the limits. [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] could always be shortened to [name_m]Ace[/name_m] for a nickname.

They are close in the fact that they both have a Z sound followed by a hard C sound, but I actually think that makes them complimentary rather than clashing. I also pronounce [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] more like eye-zik. So since “zik/zuk” and “zack” aren’t the exact same sound, I think it is alright. If they are your favorite names, go for it. I’d heard of much worse cases of “close” like 3 sisters named [name_u]Makenzie[/name_u], [name_f]Makayla[/name_f] and [name_f]Makena[/name_f]. [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] and [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] are nice. :slight_smile:

I personally think they are too close.

I actually quite like them together. I do not see much similarity at all.

Mmmbop ba duba dop ba du bop

Two of the three brothers in [name_m]Hanson[/name_m] are named [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] & [name_m]Zachary[/name_m]. They survived just fine, and while many people make fun of them, I don’t remember anyone ever saying anything about their named being too similar (speaking as a [name_m]Hanson[/name_m] fan who receives jabs about it from time to time, haha). I feel like I was the only one who noticed, nobody else seemed to care.

Haha, I must admit to being a secret [name_m]Hanson[/name_m] fan too!

I’m quite glad the reaction has been fairly positive - I understand the issue with both possibly having the nickname [name_m]Zac[/name_m] but I’ve never met an [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] nicknamed [name_m]Zac[/name_m] or anything else for that matter!

I think [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] and [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] are great for brothers. I pronounce [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] as “eye-zik.”