I know this is weird but...pastel names???

I’m 18 and pregnant for the first time, and because the LO will definitely not have the smoothest of entrances into this world (though they are very much wanted and loved!) I want to give them a name that evokes soft, creative, gentle images. Names that fit to me are pastel-colored (like [name_u]Claude[/name_u], which is pastel yellow). More artistic than cerebral, more watercolor than neon etc.

I know this is a weird thread to begin with, but I want to know what names feel “pastel” to you?

I won’t know gender for a while yet, so both boys and girls names are greatly appreciated!! [name_f]TIA[/name_f]!

I have synesthesia with colors so I love this topic! I’m also an INFP too :).

The first name that came to mind for a girl is [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]. I think of it in multiple pastel colors in my mind, and I think it’s so gentle, creative, and beautiful. The names I think of in pastels are:

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Aria[/name_f]
[name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]
[name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_u]Skye[/name_u]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]

For a boy, the most pastel names I can think of are:

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m]
[name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Elijah[/name_m]

I wish you lots of luck and love in this adventure!

[name_f]Lavender[/name_f] was the first that came to mind. Also [name_f]April[/name_f] or [name_f]Lilac[/name_f].

Or what about some names that mean light?

[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]

[name_m]Beacon[/name_m]
[name_m]Kiran[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucius[/name_m]

Names that come to mind for me:

[name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilac[/name_f]
[name_f]Mauve[/name_f]/[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Honey[/name_f]
[name_f]Lacey[/name_f]
[name_f]Jessamine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ciel[/name_f]
[name_f]Sakura[/name_f]
[name_f]Doe[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]/[name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Posey[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridie[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]/[name_f]Felicia[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Elle[/name_f]
[name_u]Caro[/name_u]
[name_f]Honor[/name_f]
[name_u]Haven[/name_u]
[name_u]Lake[/name_u]

[name_u]Gray[/name_u]
[name_u]Dune[/name_u]
[name_m]Rune[/name_m]
[name_u]Roan[/name_u]
[name_u]Sander[/name_u]
[name_u]Felice[/name_u]
[name_u]Noah[/name_u]
[name_m]Isaiah[/name_m]/Ischa
[name_u]Misha[/name_u]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_u]Cato[/name_u]
[name_m]Seamus[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]
[name_m]Cormac[/name_m]
[name_u]Micah[/name_u]
[name_m]Liev[/name_m]
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u]
[name_u]Bay[/name_u]
[name_u]Dell[/name_u]
[name_m]Heron[/name_m]
[name_f]Caron[/name_f]
[name_u]Luca[/name_u]/[name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_m]Arun[/name_m]

Girls: [name_f]Flora[/name_f], [name_f]Frances[/name_f], [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f], [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_f]Corinne[/name_f], [name_f]Fenella[/name_f], [name_f]Alma[/name_f], [name_f]Alba[/name_f], [name_f]Cecile[/name_f], [name_f]Abelia[/name_f], [name_f]Belia[/name_f], [name_f]Melia[/name_f], [name_f]Camille[/name_f], [name_f]Anouk[/name_f], [name_f]Thea[/name_f], [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_f]Belle[/name_f], [name_f]Ebba[/name_f], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_f]Fern[/name_f], [name_f]Celeste[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Claudie[/name_f], [name_f]Clemency[/name_f], [name_f]Mercy[/name_f], [name_f]Clemence[/name_f], [name_u]Auden[/name_u], [name_f]Constance[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Fabienne[/name_f], [name_f]Lucienne[/name_f], [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f], [name_f]Susanna[/name_f], [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_f]Leah[/name_f], [name_f]Laurel[/name_f], [name_f]Cora[/name_f], [name_f]Leonie[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], [name_u]Ellery[/name_u], [name_f]Lydie[/name_f], [name_f]Maeva[/name_f], [name_f]Minta[/name_f], [name_f]Neve[/name_f], [name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f], [name_u]Pascale[/name_u], [name_f]Piera[/name_f], [name_f]Romilly[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f], [name_u]Sinclair[/name_u], [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f], [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], [name_f]Esther[/name_f], [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], [name_f]Jemima[/name_f], [name_f]Faith[/name_f].

Boys: [name_u]Remy[/name_u], [name_m]Amias[/name_m], [name_u]Asa[/name_u], [name_u]Auden[/name_u], [name_m]Linus[/name_m], [name_m]Abel[/name_m], [name_u]Sage[/name_u], [name_u]Toby[/name_u], [name_m]Tobias[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Soren[/name_m], [name_m]Casper[/name_m], [name_m]Finnian[/name_m], [name_m]Hugh[/name_m], [name_m]Miles[/name_m], [name_u]Ellery[/name_u], [name_u]Evan[/name_u], [name_m]Augustin[/name_m], [name_m]Bruno[/name_m], [name_m]Vincent[/name_m], [name_m]Paul[/name_m], [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], [name_u]Elia[/name_u], [name_m]Emmanuel[/name_m], [name_m]Fabian[/name_m], [name_m]Lucian[/name_m], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], [name_u]Francis[/name_u], [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_m]Eben[/name_m], [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Jeremy[/name_m], [name_u]Jules[/name_u], [name_u]Ellis[/name_u], [name_m]Leon[/name_m], [name_u]Lionel[/name_u], [name_u]Lou[/name_u], [name_m]Marcel[/name_m], [name_m]Marius[/name_m], [name_m]Ewan[/name_m], [name_m]Matthias[/name_m], [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m], [name_m]Pascal[/name_m], [name_m]Quentin[/name_m], [name_m]Cassian[/name_m], [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m], [name_m]Simon[/name_m], [name_u]Theo[/name_u], [name_u]Sinclair[/name_u], [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], [name_m]Bram[/name_m], [name_m]Charles[/name_m], [name_u]Elias[/name_u], [name_m]Julian[/name_m], [name_m]Remus[/name_m], [name_u]Quincy[/name_u].

Thank you all for such thoughtful, beautiful suggestions. I unfortunately miscarried this morning, and I’m not sure if I’ll give the baby a name or not. Regardless, your responses and kind words were so, so appreciated.

[name_f]Anais[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Talullah[/name_f]
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]
[name_f]Leah[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f]
[name_u]Dove[/name_u]
[name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Nova[/name_f]
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Athena[/name_f]

[name_m]Asher[/name_m]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_m]Palmer[/name_m]
[name_m]Beckett[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
[name_m]Eli[/name_m]
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_m]Breccan[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]
[name_m]Declan[/name_m]
[name_u]Easton[/name_u]
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]

I’m so sorry for your loss.

I wanted to update you all since you’ve been so supportive and helpful. Though it was too early to know the baby’s gender, I “felt” like it was a girl, and that healing from this miscarriage would be easier if she had a name.

I chose [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Gianna[/name_f]. Because I plan on being a social worker, I chose her first name after the patroness of social workers–[name_m]Saint[/name_m] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]. St. [name_f]Gianna[/name_f] [name_f]Beretta[/name_f] Molla, was given the choice to save her life because of medical complications and have an abortion, or have a hysterectomy and risk her health. She chose the latter and died a week later, but her daughter survived. Because of this, [name_f]Gianna[/name_f] is considered the patroness of unborn children and miscarriage. This name just felt like the right way to honor her.

I passed all tissue (a complete miscarriage) on the 19th of [name_f]May[/name_f]. Thus, I count this as the day she flew to heaven. My little [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] touched so many people in the few weeks she was with us, and I hope she is safe up there. And, if she really is a he, that he’s already going by [name_m]Louis[/name_m].

I wanted to update you all since you’ve been so supportive and helpful. Though it was too early to know the baby’s gender, I “felt” like it was a girl, and that healing from this miscarriage would be easier if she had a name.

I chose [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Gianna[/name_f]. Because I plan on being a social worker, I chose her first name after the patroness of social workers–[name_m]Saint[/name_m] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]. St. [name_f]Gianna[/name_f] [name_f]Beretta[/name_f] Molla, was given the choice to save her life because of medical complications and have an abortion, or have a hysterectomy and risk her health. She chose the latter and died a week later, but her daughter survived. Because of this, [name_f]Gianna[/name_f] is considered the patroness of unborn children and miscarriage. This name just felt like the right way to honor her.

I passed all tissue (a complete miscarriage) on the 19th of [name_f]May[/name_f]. Thus, I count this as the day she flew to heaven. My little [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] touched so many people in the few weeks she was with us, and I hope she is safe up there. And, if she really is a he, that he’s already going by [name_m]Louis[/name_m].

I’m so sorry. :frowning:

I wish for [name_u]Peace[/name_u] and Strength for you .