I need a boys/girls name that works with Jemima and Eloise..

I am shortly going to have my 3rd. We don’t know if its a boy or a girl but I have no names for either!
Our daughters are [name]Jemima[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Grace[/name].
Possible names are

• [name]Alexander[/name] / [name]Alexandra[/name]
  • [name]Toby[/name]
  • [name]Gwenyth[/name]
  • [name]Felix[/name]

But I’m just not sure. With [name]Jemima[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] the choice was so easy and my boys names I’ve had have been taken by various nephews/close friends (not intentionally, we have kept our ‘names’ to ourselves - so good on them for choosing such lovely names!)
I feel a bit mean, we were so excited about our girls names and have now ‘run out’ and boys names are so tricky.
Please suggest away!!! Also please not we have a fairly complicated surname so we don’t want anything that needs to be spelt out.
Thanks all!!!

I think [name]Felix[/name] is a great fit with [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Jemima[/name] - you could do something like [name]Felix[/name] [name]James[/name], to keep with the one-syllable middle name trend you’ve got going. Other possibilities:

[name]Adelle[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Estelle[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]/[name]Audra[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Lavinia[/name]

[name]Charles[/name]/[name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Benedict[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name], as a longer form of [name]Toby[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Ansel[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]

You have some great boys names here - I think [name]Toby[/name] and [name]Felix[/name] fit best with [name]Jemima[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] - [name]Alexander[/name] (and -ra) are a little close to the ‘[name]El[/name]’ of [name]Eloise[/name]. Short and simple middle names that fit with [name]Felix[/name] and [name]Toby[/name] include [name]James[/name], [name]John[/name], [name]Andrew[/name], [name]Luke[/name], [name]Charles[/name], [name]Simon[/name] and [name]Robert[/name].

I think that if you want a name that you don’t want to spell out then [name]Gwenyth[/name] is probably not the way to go - the usual spelling is [name]Gwyneth[/name], and even that is a little difficult to spell correctly. [name]Gwen[/name] may be a simple solution.

Some girls names:
[name]Annika[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Demelza[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Sabina[/name]

Some boys names:
[name]Adrian[/name]
[name]Colin[/name]
[name]Douglas[/name]
[name]Finn/name
[name]Hugh[/name]/[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]

[name]Felix[/name] is really good. And since [name]Alexander[/name]/[name]Alexandra[/name] is so popular right now, it doesn’t fit that well with offbeat, rhythmic choices like [name]Jemima[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name]. [name]Lydia[/name] is the best, in my opinion, for a girl: it sounds lasting, serious yet fun, and flows with the others. Good luck!

Your daughter’s name is [name]Eloise[/name]? I’m so thrilled to find someone! I’ve recently fallen in love with the name [name]Eloise[/name] but can’t find anyone who has used it or has an opinion on it. [name]Do[/name] you call her by a nickname? What kinds of reactions do you get to the name?

[name]Hi[/name] there.
I get so many positive reactions to both [name]Jemima[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name]. [name]Jemima[/name] gets [name]Jem[/name] and [name]Mim[/name] and we tend to call her mima. [name]Eloise[/name] is the youngest for the moment so she still gets [name]Eloise[/name] mostly but I’m tending to [name]Ellie[/name] and hubbie calls her loulou (lou lou did another poo poo is so often sung by daddy and [name]Jem[/name]!)
Our hard and fast rule with names thus far has been to go with names where we like all the variations as people tend to shorten them for you.

[name]Hi[/name] there.
I get so many positive reactions to both [name]Jemima[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name]. [name]Jemima[/name] gets [name]Jem[/name] and [name]Mim[/name] and we tend to call her mima. [name]Eloise[/name] is the youngest for the moment so she still gets [name]Eloise[/name] mostly but I’m tending to [name]Ellie[/name] and hubbie calls her loulou (lou lou did another poo poo is so often sung by daddy and [name]Jem[/name]!)
Our hard and fast rule with names thus far has been to go with names where we like all the variations as people tend to shorten them for you.[/quote]

[name]Lou[/name] [name]Lou[/name] is so cute for [name]Eloise[/name]. When I told my sister we were thinking about [name]Eloise[/name], she said that she’d call her “Wheezy.” To each his own, I guess. :slight_smile:

Which leads me to another question. [name]Do[/name] you pronounce it [name]El[/name]-oh-eeze or [name]El[/name]-lou-wheeze?

[name]Jemima[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], and…
boys: [name]Milo[/name], [name]Noah[/name] (sorry, I know it’s popular), [name]Andreas[/name], [name]Edward[/name], [name]Samuel[/name], [name]Crispin[/name], Dashiel, [name]Ezra[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Theodore[/name] ([name]Theo[/name])

girls: [name]Giselle[/name] ([name]Gigi[/name] for short), [name]Celeste[/name], [name]Francesca[/name] ([name]Francie[/name] for short), [name]Iris[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Honor[/name], [name]Olive[/name]

love your choices of [name]Felix[/name], [name]Toby[/name] and [name]Gwyneth[/name].