I need a name for a shy girl...

Hello! I am an author and need help creating a character’s name! I am so bad at making up names, so I thought that perhaps you all could help me.

A little bit about the character:
She has Asperger’s Syndrome, therefore, “socially blind” and acts just like someone with AS would, and a group of girls, knowing that she has that, keep being sarcastic to her without her even knowing, just for their own pleasure. She’s extremely shy and jumpy, and a bit of a loner, like sitting at a table on her own, not really conversing with anyone.

I like [name]Eleanor[/name], but I’m just not so sure… :confused:

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thank you!

1 Like

[name]Laura[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Fern[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Cara[/name]
[name]Carlie[/name]
[name]Devon[/name]
[name]Holly[/name]
[name]Kira[/name]
[name]Molly[/name]
[name]Mary[/name]
[name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]

[name]Libby[/name]
[name]Birdie[/name]
[name]Joni[/name]
[name]Heather[/name]
[name]Beth[/name]/ [name]Bethany[/name]
[name]Liv[/name]
[name]Dovie[/name]
[name]Jolene[/name]
[name]Odette[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name]

I doubt a person’s name would really reflect their personality unless they chose their own name. Parents tend to choose names before they have any idea what their child would be like… which is a particularly silly system, but nevertheless. A nickname is far more likely to reflect a personality than a given name is. For example, an [name]Elizabeth[/name] could go by [name]Liz[/name], [name]Beth[/name], [name]Libby[/name], [name]Lizzie[/name], or [name]Elizabeth[/name], and if they choose their own nickname then it might reflect their personality to a certain extent (a shy girl might be [name]Beth[/name], an outgoing girl might prefer [name]Libby[/name]). However, parents aren’t going to know if their kid is going to be shy or outgoing or whatever when they name their baby.

My first thought was [name]Rosalie[/name]… it’s a beautiful name and to me it just seems to fit your needs.

Of course :slight_smile: As an author, their names just seem to go with the character selected, if that makes any sense whatsoever

[name]Kiri[/name] or [name]Miri[/name] were my first thoughts: [name]Kiri[/name] on its own and [name]Miri[/name] as a [name]Miriam[/name] or [name]Miranda[/name].

[name]Kailey[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]/[name]Anne[/name]/[name]Annalise[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Nicole[/name]

[name]Virginia[/name] popped into my head. I like [name]Eleanor[/name] too. I can see that.

[name]Enid[/name]. I would be misanthropic too if my name was [name]Enid[/name].

[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Helen[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Ruthie[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]

[name]Shae[/name] or [name]Shiloh[/name]

idk why but bess also jumped to mind

I support the suggestion of [name]Alice[/name].

I love [name]Shiloh[/name]! At first, I was uneasy about it, but then, after a day, I could completely and utterly see it! Thank you, and thanks to the rest as well for putting up such wonderful names!

I didn’t read the other responses, just wanted to go off my gut, so sorry for repeats.

[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Astrid[/name]
[name]Ione[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

I know I’m 8 years late, but if the author has finished the writing the book I’d like to know the name of it so I can read it please.

I am also late, so please update us. I made an account just to say this.