I need a name theme for four sisters

[name]Hi[/name] Berries! I’m currently in the developing stages of a new plot idea for NaNoWriMo. The working title is The Curse of the [name]Mallory[/name] Girls. Its going to center around sisters. For generations (dating back to [name]Salem[/name]) the sisters of the [name]Mallory[/name] families have suffered from a curse. The curse is a bit different for each of the sisters and has strongly influenced their personalities. Here’s a very brief description of each.

Eldest [name]Sister[/name] (21) - Kind of bossy, a natural mother hen, and terribly romantic.
Middle [name]Sister[/name] (18) - [name]Wild[/name], dissatisfied with life, a bit of a party girl.
Twin Sisters (16) - One is shy and closed off, she avoids contact with almost everyone. The other is outgoing, care-free, a social butterfly, and lives like there’s no tomorrow.

They live in a small town. Their parents are both kind of reserved. The dad is a professor at a local college, the mom has devoted her life to her kids (PTA mom to the max, always interfering in their life, etc.)

What kind of theme? I just wanted something to link them all together. I’d prefer that the names aren’t common, but aren’t too unusual either.

Thanks!

1st [name]Sister[/name]: [name]Alice[/name] [name]Mallory[/name]
2nd [name]Sister[/name]: [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Mallory[/name]
Twin Sisters: [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Frances[/name] [name]Mallory[/name]

1. [name]Erika[/name] [name]Mallory[/name] ([name]Erika[/name] means “Always Ruler”. I thought that this would fit the character because she’s kinda bossy.)
  2. [name]Amanda[/name] [name]Mallory[/name] ([name]Amanda[/name] means “[name]Worthy[/name] of [name]Love[/name]”. I think this works in two ways. One because she is dissatisfied with life, therefore worthy of love. Two because this character strikes me as a tomboy and I thought the nn [name]Man[/name] could be cuteish…) OR
    [name]Danielle[/name] [name]Mallory[/name] ([name]Danielle[/name] means “God is my [name]Judge[/name]”. I thought this was appropriate because she was dissatisfied with life meaning God was testing her as well as the nn thing again. [name]Dani[/name] could work.)
  3. [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Mallory[/name] nn [name]Maddy[/name] ([name]Madeleine[/name] means “Woman of [name]Magdala[/name]”. I thought this would work because [name]Madeline[/name]/[name]Maddy[/name] strikes me as being a name for someone who is very reserved.)
  4. [name]Rachel[/name] [name]Mallory[/name] ([name]Rachel[/name] means “Ewe”. I liked this name for this character because all the Rachels I know are extremely outgoing and fun and crazy. I love this name for a person like you described…)
    [name]Hope[/name] this helps!

[name]How[/name] about these…

Nature theme:

Eldest: [name]Willow[/name], [name]Jessamine[/name], [name]Rose[/name]
Middle: [name]Laurel[/name], [name]Halcyon[/name]
Twin #1: [name]Juniper[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Wren[/name], [name]Violet[/name]
Twin #2: [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Clementine[/name]

Royalty names:

Eldest: [name]Alexandra[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Eugenie[/name]
Middle: [name]Victoria[/name], [name]Antoinette[/name]
Twin #1: [name]Anastasia[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name]
Twin #2: [name]Isabella[/name], [name]Maria[/name]

Shakespearan:

Eldest: [name]Rosalind[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name]
Middle: [name]Bianca[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Audrey[/name]
Twin #1: [name]Ophelia[/name], [name]Viola[/name], [name]Celia[/name]
Twin #2: [name]Hero[/name], [name]Perdita[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Miranda[/name]

[name]How[/name] about color names?

Colors they reminded me of and possible name:

1 - [name]Pink[/name] - [name]Rose[/name], Rhosyn, [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Ruby[/name]
2 - [name]Black[/name]/Dark - [name]Keira[/name]/[name]Ciara[/name], [name]Melanie[/name] (nn [name]Mel[/name])
Twin 1 - [name]Violet[/name] - [name]Violet[/name], [name]Ione[/name], [name]Lilac[/name], [name]Lavender[/name]
Twin 2 - Yellow - [name]Xanthe[/name] (I really like [name]Xanthe[/name] for this character!)

Or maybe gem names:

1 - [name]Ruby[/name]
2 - [name]Onyx[/name], [name]Jewel[/name]
3 - [name]Opal[/name], [name]Pearl[/name]
4 - [name]Crystal[/name], Citrine, [name]Sapphira[/name], [name]Emerald[/name]

if the curse is something that’s going to be lifted, there’s sunrises:

[name]Dawn[/name]
[name]Roxanne[/name]
[name]Zora[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name] (I know rhyming twins are cheesy so I might go with [name]Aurie[/name] for a nn?)

or these are moon-related:

[name]Cynthia[/name]
[name]Celine[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Diane[/name]

and I happen to be on a bird kick at the moment so I’ll just throw these in:

[name]Dove[/name]
[name]Robin[/name]
[name]Lark[/name]
[name]Linnet[/name]

Thanks for the responses! I’ve compiled some sets with themes based on the responses and ideas. Which do you think works best?

*on a side note, I am planning on the curse being lifted and the story will be told from the point of view of “twin 2”

Colors: [name]Sienna[/name] [name]Keira[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Xanthe[/name]
Special Meanings for character personalities: [name]Sophia[/name] (wisdom) [name]Andrea[/name] (Strong) [name]Clara[/name]/[name]Lucy[/name] ([name]Bright[/name] and Clear/[name]Light[/name]) [name]Vivienne[/name]/[name]Liv[/name] (Alive/Life)
Special Meanings (set 2): [name]Audrey[/name] ([name]Noble[/name]) [name]Charlotte[/name] (free man) [name]Gemma[/name] (precious stone) [name]Mira[/name] (admirable)
Classics: [name]Eleanor[/name] ”[name]Elle[/name]” [name]Amelia[/name] ”[name]Mia[/name]” [name]Clara[/name] & [name]Ivy[/name]
Names with fun nicknames: [name]Gabrielle[/name] ”[name]Elle[/name]” [name]Andrea[/name] ”[name]Dree[/name]” [name]Tessa[/name] ”[name]Tess[/name]” [name]Juliet[/name] ”[name]Jett[/name]”
Nature names ([name]Set[/name] One): [name]Rose[/name] [name]Jade[/name] [name]Wren[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
Nature names ([name]Set[/name] Two): [name]Brooke[/name] [name]Jade[/name] [name]Laurel[/name] [name]Aspen[/name]
Nature Names ([name]Set[/name] Three): [name]Rose[/name] [name]Clover[/name] [name]Willow[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
Gemstones: [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Garnet[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Sapphire[/name]
Shakespearean: [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Portia[/name] [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Miranda[/name]
Names with uplifting meanings: [name]Annabel[/name] (loving) [name]Danica[/name] ([name]Morning[/name] [name]Star[/name]) [name]Clara[/name] (bright and clear) [name]Lark[/name] (bird that sings at dawn)

I don’t think you necessarily need a theme with the idea of small town old fashioned [name]Salem[/name] in mind, here are my ideas for the sisters names.

Eldest: Bossy: [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
Middle:[name]Wild[/name]: [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] ([name]Bea[/name])
Twins: Shy: [name]Alice[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name],Carefree: [name]Adeline[/name] Maringale ([name]Addie[/name])

Thanks for letting me contribute this is my first post on Nameberry!

I like the moon idea since it’s witch related. I would go with:
Eldest - [name]Selene[/name]
Middle - [name]Luna[/name]
Twin 1 - [name]Phoebe[/name]
Twin 2 - [name]Diana[/name]

You pretty much just described my family to a T, so I’ll give you some names inspired by my and my sisters’ names.

#1 [name]Diana[/name]
#2 [name]Genevieve[/name]
#3 [name]Rosalyn[/name]
#4 [name]Annabel[/name]

I’m going with a British theme :slight_smile:

[name]Eve[/name] [name]Mallory[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name] [name]Mallory[/name]
[name]Freya[/name] and [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Mallory[/name]

[name_f]Flower[/name_f] names: [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
Month names: [name_f]May[/name_f], [name_f]April[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_u]July[/name_u],
Space related names: [name_f]Astrid[/name_f], [name_u]Haley[/name_u], that’s all I can think of
Water/[name_u]Ocean[/name_u] names: [name_f]Delta[/name_f], [name_f]Delphine[/name_f], that’s all I can think of