I NEED HELP! What do you think of the name Scout?

I don’t know why but i keep coming back to this name, I am not sure if my fiance will even go for it but what do you think of the name? And if so what kind of middle name would you choose? I would want something more feminine and not anything too out there.

boy scout. I feel its like naming your kid GUIDE. Its trying [name]WAY[/name] too hard.

I love [name]Scout[/name]…but I could never use it on a child, so I named my female puppy [name]Scout[/name]…

I really love the name [name]Scout[/name] but I have a hard time imagining it on a person. I think it would take a little girl with a big attitude and effortless cool to pull it off. It may be too much for a child.

I do love it’s literature reference though, the character from To Kill A Mockingbird was brilliant. Perhaps you would consider [name]Jean[/name] or [name]Louise[/name] as [name]Scout[/name] was her nn in the book, her full name was [name]Jean[/name] [name]Louise[/name].

If you still think you want to go with it I think you should give her a classical, feminine mn to fall back on incase she grows out of [name]Scout[/name]. Some suggestions:

[name]Scout[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Scout[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Scout[/name] [name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Scout[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Scout[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Scout[/name] [name]Julia[/name]
[name]Scout[/name] [name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Scout[/name] [name]Madeline[/name]
[name]Scout[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Scout[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Scout[/name] [name]Virginia[/name]
[name]Scout[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Scout[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Scout[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Scout[/name] [name]Angelica[/name]
[name]Scout[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] this was helpful:) Good [name]Luck[/name]!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

First impressions of [name]Scout[/name]? I would think of little boys, not girls, we have Scouts here in Australia for little boys and I guess that’s why I say that.

And even thinking about it further, I don’t like the bluntness of it as a name, nor the ‘ow’ sound that dominates it. When I say [name]Scout[/name] it sounds blunt and a bit too hard, not lyrical enough for a girls name.

I wish you luck though

I love the idea of [name]Scout[/name] but I’m not so sure about it on an actual child. I do think it’s adorable though. Perhaps it’s best as a nickname? As someone else mentioned it is her nickname in To Kill a Mockingbird, and [name]Jean[/name] [name]Louise[/name] has no relation to [name]Scout[/name], so you could really name her anything and call her that. Anyway, that’s what I would personally do, with the name [name]Scout[/name]. But if you feel comfortable with it as the given name then I say go for it! It would be very distinctive and I imagine a very popular, slightly quirky girl who everyone likes who plays field hockey and likes art.

I do not like [name]Scout[/name], as it reminds me of a name for a pet. But if you do go with it, I would go with [name]Scout[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Scout[/name] [name]Lindsay[/name].

I see it on a girl, only because I adore To Kill a Mockingbird. But, I would only use it as a nn ([name]Scout[/name] [name]Finch[/name]'s real name was [name]Jean[/name] [name]Louise[/name], so what of one of those?) because (to me) it IS a nn only. If you don’t like [name]Jean[/name] or [name]Louise[/name], what about using [name]Scout[/name] as a mn? You could still call her ‘[name]Scout[/name]’, that way…

i like the name scarlet with the nn scout!

Maybe i will just keep it a nn that will be a good compromise with my fiance! Thanks for the suggestions

Ooh, what a good idea! I love the name [name]Scarlett[/name], but NOT the nn Scar, [name]Scout[/name] totally works. [name]How[/name] cute!

I like it as a nick name! My friend has a daughter named [name]Piper[/name] [name]Scout[/name]. It works!

To me it’s young. I don’t see it growing up.