I Need Names for Cops and Kids for Story!

Hello!

I’m writing a crime-young adult book and I’ve been changing the names of my characters since the day I started typing a year and a half ago. I need help! Here’s a description of what my characters look like and their traits:

Police officer turned Detective: mid-thirties; tall, muscular, brown/blonde hair, brown eyes; Very popular, but keeps to himself, likes getting work done without getting his personal life involved. Through the story, he goes from quiet workaholic to family orientated softie.

Eldest son: 15; blonde hair, blue eyes; Jokester, covers up his worries with jokes, but is deeply hurting; Learns to be serious throughout the story.

Middle son: 11; brown hair, blue eyes; Painfully quiet; gives anyone who tries to help him the silent treatment, especially the detective; learns to trust and forgive his jailbound father.

Youngest son: 7; brown hair, brown eyes; Can’t speak (never had proper schooling) innocent and cute as a button; uses his newfound knack for vocab in the climax to bring his own father to justice.

It’s alot to ask, I know! But I SWARE, if my book is published I’m thanking everyone who helps AND nameberry.com . :smiley: It’s much need.

A. Suarez, [name]Author[/name]-in-Training

Police officer turned Detective: [name]Gregory[/name] or [name]Harrison[/name]

Eldest [name]Son[/name]: [name]Jesse[/name] or [name]Stevie[/name], these feel like blond names that have personality.

Middle [name]Son[/name]: [name]Tyler[/name] or [name]Shane[/name], these feel very deep hurt and silent.

Youngest [name]Son[/name]: [name]Leland[/name] or [name]Bryce[/name] just sound like the youngest names.

Hopes this helps.

These are the first names that came to my mind.
Police Officer/Detective - [name]Jake[/name]/[name]Jack[/name]. I think either would work. You could use [name]Jacob[/name] nn [name]Jake[/name] or [name]John[/name]/[name]Jackson[/name] nn [name]Jack[/name].
Eldest [name]Son[/name] - I actually thought [name]Tyler[/name] for this son. I don’t know why but I think it fits.
Middle [name]Son[/name] - Definitely [name]William[/name] nn [name]Will[/name]. Absolutely perfect. :slight_smile:
Youngest [name]Son[/name] - I thought of [name]Max[/name]. Maybe [name]Maxwell[/name] or [name]Maximilian[/name]…
[name]Hope[/name] this helps!

Police officer turned Detective: English origin: [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Bailey[/name] (nn [name]Alec[/name]); Irish origin: [name]Patrick[/name] O’[name]Malley[/name] (nn [name]Paddy[/name]); Hispanic origin: [name]Joaquin[/name] [name]Cruz[/name]. Oh, now looking at your description of the three sons maybe an Hispanic name is not required. Ok, maybe the English origin would work better with the names I’m suggesting below.
Eldest son: 15: [name]Julian[/name] [name]Bailey[/name] nn [name]Jules[/name]
Middle son: 11: [name]Noel[/name] [name]Bailey[/name]
Youngest son: 7: [name]Marcus[/name] [name]Bailey[/name]
(nn [name]Marky[/name])

Good luck with your book. [name]Hope[/name] all of your hard work pays off in the end!