I need your help!

Im nearing 5 months pregnant this week! We are having a baby girl! Our sons name is [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] and my fiance and I think that we would like to stick with the “x” theme. I dont like any of the common girls names with an “x”: [name_u]Alexis[/name_u], [name_u]Alex[/name_u], [name_f]Lexa[/name_f], [name_u]Lexus[/name_u]. We want something different. The name we have liked the best so far would be “Lexington [name_f]Claire[/name_f]” and we would call her [name_u]Lexi[/name_u]. Our last name is [name_u]Leone[/name_u] so i thought [name_u]Lexi[/name_u] [name_u]Leone[/name_u] had a flow to it.
[name_m]Ive[/name_m] got nothing but bad reviews from coworkers and friends saying that Lexington is a place and not a name.
It is now making me rethink my decision.
I would like some more input! What do you guys think? Is it really more a places name than a persons?

I have a [name_m]Maddox[/name_m]! I also have a 5 year old girl, [name_f]Zoey[/name_f].
I think if you love the name Lexington, stick to it. [name_u]Lexi[/name_u] is cute!

I have a [name_m]Madoc[/name_m] (Father of [name_m]Maddox[/name_m]) :slight_smile:
I think Lexington is fine it is not my style but if you love it I say go for it. There are plenty of place names: [name_u]Paris[/name_u], [name_u]London[/name_u], [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u], etc.

Definetely not my style but like I said, you are the ones who need to love it at the end of the day. I will advise that if you plan on having a 3rd child you try not to do a ‘theme’ with names. It becomes a chore after 2.

Other names with X:
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_u]Lennox[/name_u]
[name_m]Hendrix[/name_m] (I really like this for a girl and I am not boy name on girls fan but I have weakness for [name_m]Hendrix[/name_m])
[name_f]Moxie[/name_f]
[name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Roxanne[/name_f]

[name_f]Axelle[/name_f]? I adore [name_f]Axelle[/name_f]! I agree, you should go with the name you love, Lexington’s fine too and [name_u]Lexie[/name_u] is lovely.

I think [name_u]Lexi[/name_u] is cute. I’m not a huge fan of Lexington. There isn’t anything particularly wrong about it, I just don’t care for it.

Some more X suggestions:
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Olexa[/name_f]
[name_f]Maxine[/name_f]
[name_f]Xia[/name_f]

[name_u]Lexi[/name_u] is ok and I agree it flows well with [name_u]Leone[/name_u], but Lexington is really nms. However, it’s certainly different like [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] so I do think they’d work as a sibset.

I prefer the pps’ suggestions, especially [name_u]Lennox[/name_u], [name_m]Hendrix[/name_m], [name_f]Roxanne[/name_f] (or [name_f]Roxane[/name_f]/[name_f]Roxana[/name_f]/[name_f]Roxy[/name_f]) and [name_f]Axelle[/name_f]. One of my top choices if my next child is a girl is [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] (zan-thee), would you consider that? There’s also [name_f]Xanthia[/name_f], [name_f]Xenia[/name_f], Xara, [name_f]Xandra[/name_f], Xani (zan-ee), [name_f]Lux[/name_f], [name_m]Knox[/name_m], [name_u]Pax[/name_u], [name_u]Alexis[/name_u], [name_f]Alexia[/name_f], [name_f]Calixta[/name_f]…

What about XOE, said [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]?

I think Lexington would work fine as a name, and it has a similar vibe to [name_m]Maddox[/name_m]. However I do love some of the suggestions here, particularly [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Maxine[/name_f], and [name_f]Axelle[/name_f]. Though maybe [name_f]Maxine[/name_f] and [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] is a little much :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree! Had we found out it was a boy, his name was definitely going to be [name_m]Hendrix[/name_m]! we love that name as well! But never considered it for a girl. What are your thoughts on Hendryx?

I do know a couple that recently named their son that.
maybe if i switch up the spelling they wont mind.

A lot to think about!

Thank you!

thats my dogs name!
lol.
we have two dogs [name_m]Jaxon[/name_m] and Xoe.
we really went with the theme!
lol

I think Lexington [name_f]Claire[/name_f] ([name_u]Lexi[/name_u] is so cute!) is fine. I also like some of the suggestions, especially [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. I don’t care for [name_m]Hendrix[/name_m] (or Hendryx which looks misspelled) on a girl, love it on a boy. I don’t mind unisex names but [name_m]Hendrix[/name_m] reads all-boy to me and without meeting her, people would assume she is a boy.

I’m not a huge fan of Lexington, but [name_u]Lexi[/name_u] is cute. Another X name that you could consider is [name_f]Xiomara[/name_f] ([name_f]Zee[/name_f]-o-mara). I’m not a huge fan of [name_m]Hendrix[/name_m] on a girl. I think it works great as a boy’s name though.

One last though is have you considered [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] for a girl? I’m a bigger fan of it on a boy but [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] [name_m]Simpson[/name_m] and another celebrity named their daughter that and I think [name_u]Maxie[/name_u] is a cute nickname!

Lexington does read all place to me as I used to live in Lexington, [name_m]KY[/name_m]. I do think the name as a whole has a nice flow though and am a strong believer in if you like it, use it! [name_u]Lexi[/name_u] [name_u]Leone[/name_u] is super cute. I do also like the suggestion of [name_m]Hendrix[/name_m] (don’t really care for Hendryx) but think [name_u]Lexi[/name_u] flows better w your last name. Best of luck! Congrats!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Lexi[/name_u] [name_u]Leone[/name_u]. Lexington and [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] make a great sibset. [name_m]Even[/name_m] [name_u]Lexi[/name_u] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is cute. I would use it. Place names are used all the time.

If you like Lexington, you should use it! I like how its “x” is hidden in the middle. [name_u]Lexi[/name_u] is an adorable nickname as well.

[name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] - [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] is a place name as well, but maybe your relatives would accept it more as first name. [name_u]Lexi[/name_u] is also a possible nickname.

[name_f]Calixta[/name_f] - [name_f]Calixta[/name_f] is very edgy and powerful sounding. If you’re looking for a nickname, [name_f]Callie[/name_f] is a possibility, but it does not include the “x” you like.

[name_f]Dixie[/name_f] - [name_f]Dixie[/name_f] could also be considered a place name (i.e. the South). It has a sweet sound to it and feels unexpected.

[name_u]Paxton[/name_u] - Although [name_u]Paxton[/name_u] is heard primarily on boys, I’ve met a few girls who carry the name too. If [name_m]Hendrix[/name_m] appeals to you, maybe you’ll like the unisex [name_u]Paxton[/name_u]. The only drawback I can think of is the [name_f]Jolie[/name_f]-[name_m]Pitt[/name_m] set, which includes a [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] and a [name_u]Pax[/name_u].

[name_f]Xena[/name_f] - [name_f]Xena[/name_f] is a such a powerful name, connected to the warrior princess. However, it’s also feminine and balances well with [name_m]Maddox[/name_m].

Good luck!

I like Lexington! Yes, it is a place name, but it is very pretty.

I really like it.

[name_m]Hendrix[/name_m] is a surname so imo it works just fine on a boy or a girl. I don’t like creative spellings though and would stick to the way it is meant to be spelled.

[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] is a cute suggestion though! I think [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] ‘[name_u]Maxie[/name_u]’ and [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] are cute together, thought I prefer [name_m]Hendrix[/name_m] for the simple fact it is not another ‘m’ and ‘x’ name.

I don’t much like boy names on little girls. I think [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] and [name_f]Moxie[/name_f] are quite cute together though. As well as [name_f]Maxine[/name_f] nn [name_u]Maxie[/name_u]. I don’t mind [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] and [name_f]Maxine[/name_f] especially with such a cute nickname like ‘[name_u]Maxie[/name_u].’

Hmm…

I think sometimes sticking to a theme like the letter ‘x’ can be limiting when it comes to naming future children. Lexington isn’t my style and I am not keen on the double alliteration either. However if you like Lexington GO FOR IT it’s your baby your name.

Suggestions:
[name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] ~ [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] & [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] ~ [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] & [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Dixie[/name_f] ~ [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] & [name_f]Dixie[/name_f]
[name_u]Lennox[/name_u] ~ [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] & [name_u]Lennox[/name_u]
[name_f]Maxine[/name_f] ~ [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] & [name_f]Maxine[/name_f] (could be even more limiting)
[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] ~ [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] & [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]
[name_f]Roxanne[/name_f] ~ [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] & [name_f]Roxanne[/name_f]
[name_f]Roxana[/name_f] ~ [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] & [name_f]Roxana[/name_f]
[name_f]Trixie[/name_f] ~ [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] & [name_f]Trixie[/name_f]
[name_f]Xena[/name_f] ~ [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] & [name_f]Xena[/name_f]
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] ~ [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] & [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]

My favourite is [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Roxanne[/name_f] I think they sound great with [name_m]Maddox[/name_m]. I think something traditional and spunky sounds fresher with [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] rather than something trendy like [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] my above suggestion. [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] could be a good suggestion because she feels modern like Lexington but doesn’t possess that trendy sound.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helped sorry for any negativity : )