I think they're all beautiful, WDYT?

See the results of this poll: WDYT of these beauties?

Respondents: 118 (This poll is closed)

• Susannah Ellen (nn Sosie) : 43 (24%)
  • Henrietta June (nn Hattie) : 48 (27%)
  • Loie Clementine : 10 (6%)
  • Beatrice Plum : 47 (26%)
  • Coralie Marilla: 30 (17%)

I voted for [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] and [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Marilla[/name]. In general, I just love [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Marilla[/name]. [name]Coralie[/name] is vintagey and adorable, and I love the nn [name]Cora[/name]! And [name]Marilla[/name] is so unusual and just cool all around. I met a [name]Marilla[/name] in college and she made it seem even cooler to me. I’m not a huge fan of [name]Susannah[/name], and [name]Ellen[/name] feels dated to me, but I just adore the nn [name]Sosie[/name], I couldn’t not vote for it! So either one of those would get my vote.

Good luck!

oh wow, just wow! these are amazing!

I think [name]Henrietta[/name] [name]June[/name] just became my fave combo! I love love love [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Plum[/name] and [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Marilla[/name] is also beautiful!!

Omg [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Plum[/name]…best mn for [name]Beatrice[/name] I’ve ever heard!

I voted for [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Plum[/name] and [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Marilla[/name]. [name]Both[/name] name are absolutely stunning!
[name]Bree[/name]

I like [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Plum[/name] and [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Marilla[/name]. The others I don’t like at all.

I love them all, but voted [name]Henrietta[/name] [name]June[/name]. The only one that was a little “meh” for me was Loie [name]Clementine[/name]. [name]Love[/name] [name]Clementine[/name], but Loie just doesn’t appeal as much as all the other names to me.

[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Ellen[/name]! I am in love with the nn [name]Sosie[/name]. And [name]Susannah[/name] is a beautiful name.

Loie is kind of the odd girl out, it’s true. It has a bit of sentimental value though. [name]Hattie[/name] [name]June[/name] and [name]Sosie[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] both honor really strong, wonderful women in my family. My grandmother was [name]Norma[/name] [name]Etta[/name] and my aunt was [name]Ellen[/name]. I love all these, the trick is getting my OH to love one of them!

I voted [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Marilla[/name]. I love the nn [name]Hattie[/name] but am not a fan of [name]Henrietta[/name].

I voted [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] and [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Marilla[/name], but would like [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Helen[/name] and [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] even more. The strong consonants help “ground” the names a little.

1 [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Plum[/name]
2 [name]Henrietta[/name] [name]June[/name]

I think the two combos above flow beautifully! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Susannah[/name]. [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Plum[/name] is my fav!

bonfireazalea- I see what you mean about the stronger consonant sounds in the middle. Our last name is a very strong, single syllable consonant sound (rhymes with [name]Mack[/name]). [name]Do[/name] you think that helps? [name]Ellen[/name] is very dear to me and I just love [name]Marilla[/name] ([name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables- is my nerd showing?).

Thanks for your feedback! I would love to know WHY you all like the names you voted for or why you don’t like the others.

Also- I’m curious to know if you think [name]Susannah[/name] still resonates with “don’t you cry for me”? I’m loving it, but I’m wondering if outside the rarefied atmosphere of the NameBerry forums, it holds up?

[name]Henrietta[/name] [name]June[/name] is my fave. In fact, I posted it in my own poll a few weeks ago. Would be quite something to have 2 [name]Henrietta[/name] Junes running around Nameberry! :slight_smile: Also really love [name]Susannah[/name] but I like [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Plum[/name] better than [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Ellen[/name]. Best of luck!

That’s funny! I thought I came up with it on my own, but maybe I saw yours and filed it away! Actually, I thought [name]Henrietta[/name] was kind of a nice way to honor my grandmother, [name]Norma[/name] [name]Etta[/name] and [name]June[/name] is a nice alternative to [name]Jean[/name], which is also a family name.

I voted for [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Plum[/name] and [name]Henrietta[/name] [name]June[/name], but my favorite is [name]Beatrice[/name] because I just love the classic simplicity of that name. [name]Susannah[/name] is a lovely name, but too much name for me. Of course [name]Henrietta[/name] can be put into the too much name category as well, but I guess I go against the rule with that name.

Out of all of the names I don’t like Loie [name]Clementine[/name].

I love [name]Henrietta[/name] [name]June[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Plum[/name]. They’re great!

I really love [name]Henrietta[/name] [name]June[/name]. My daughters name is [name]June[/name], so of course I love that, but I also am loving the name [name]Hattie[/name]. Adorable! All of the names are lovely though.