I used to like these?

Not that they aren’t good names, but they’re completely different from my tastes now. I found them in a little notebook of mine from 2004, and thought I’d share:

[name]Keely[/name] [name]Michelle[/name]
[name]Jessica[/name] [name]Erin[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Kay[/name]
[name]Caitlin[/name] [name]Nicole[/name]
[name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Riley[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Sara[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Jasmine[/name] [name]Anne[/name]

Goodness, what I came up with when I was thirteen… Anyway, how have your tastes changed?

I used to like names like [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Tansy[/name], Cephas and [name]Sebastian[/name] (from my high school list). They are all very soft sounding names. I have a notebook where I write my favorite names every few years. I gradually have changed to liking names that sound a little bit more powerful and – I now favor [name]Astrid[/name], [name]Quinn[/name], [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Ian[/name]. They still have a little bit of quirky flavor, but the sound to my ear is different. I’m not sure if this change is because I now value strength more as a quality I’d like to give my child, or if it’s just a reflection of the changing of the times I live in.

By the way, what are your tastes now?

I like [name]Astrid[/name] and [name]Iris[/name] (and [name]Quinn[/name]'s pretty cute)!

I like pretty feminine names, like [name]Rosalie[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name], and I try to stay away from anything in the Top 50 (although I love [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name]). Some of my favorite name combos now are:

[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Fleur[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Victoire[/name]

I’m not French and I’ve never learned the language so I probably wouldn’t use those middle names, but I like how they sound together :slight_smile:

We have very similiar name tastes. I love [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Lily[/name] :slight_smile:

And I adore [name]Rosalie[/name]!

I don’t remember what I liked for a boy but I liked [name]Dallas[/name] [name]Gray[/name] and [name]Tilly[/name] [name]Gray[/name] for girls.

When I was a little girl I LOVED the names [name]Kelsey[/name], [name]Hillary[/name], [name]Ashley[/name] and [name]Haley[/name]. I only remember girls names because my cousin and I used to play name games to name our American Girl dolls each time we played, haha.

When I was younger I use to love [name]Laura[/name] [name]Kaye[/name].
others included

[name]Dakota[/name]
[name]Emer[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Kerah[/name]
[name]Keela[/name]
[name]Keyla[/name]
Kaitlee
Rosabel
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]

[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]

from various memories/different times:

• girls-
    [name]Bernadette[/name]
    [name]Kyla[/name]
    [name]Harmony[/name]
    [name]Rachel[/name]
    [name]Evangeline[/name] (technically, I still like it, but it’s overly religious and I’m not)
    [name]Seraphina[/name] (same obstacle)
    [name]Veronica[/name]
    [name]Hazel[/name]

• boys-
    [name]Sebastian[/name]
    [name]Dante[/name]
    [name]Richard[/name]
    [name]Indigo[/name]
    [name]Owen[/name] (I still like [name]Owen[/name], but it reminds me of owing money)
    [name]Jeremiah[/name]

A lot of these names were my preference in my teens and early 20s, and I am now in my late 30s. I definitely went through phases where names were to be super beautiful, somewhat of a hippie, or somewhat of a trendy 80s preppy/yuppy, with some pre-hipster choices mixed in - names no one was using yet and seemed outlandish. Names like [name]Seraphina[/name] and [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Indigo[/name] seemed utterly impossible to use at the time I thought they were just the best - sounding really heavy, old, or ridiculous in a time of Taylors and Ashleys and Zacharys and Jonathans; something like a [name]Rachel[/name] would fit in ok, and [name]Kyla[/name] would be the coolest girl in school. [name]Hazel[/name] is yuck to me now, [name]Indigo[/name] reminds me of “[name]Indigo[/name] Children,” but [name]Seraphina[/name] is great for those who feel comfortable with its meaning.

I had a hard time coming up with boys names I used to like but don’t anymore. I don’t think I’ve ever been into the softer names, but [name]Sebastian[/name] just sounded very dreamy. I’ve otherwise discarded a classic [name]Richard[/name], for other classics I didn’t used to like, but now do, like [name]Peter[/name]. I’m not very whimsical with boys names.

Technically I still like some names I no longer feel comfortable considering, so I didn’t put them on the list just because they’re past freshness, i.e. I don’t feel surprised that I used to like them and my taste hasn’t changed regarding them, but fashion has.

haha i used to [name]LOVE[/name] the names Mouse and [name]Apple[/name]. I was obviously stuck on some inantimate object sorta liking. I also used to like [name]Kina[/name], [name]Troy[/name], [name]Talan[/name], and [name]Kalie[/name]. I also appered to like “t” and “k” names ALOT (though i still like K names, i guess some things never chnage) Hahaha this made me laugh, i think i was between about 11 and 16 with these names cause i used to name my cabbage patch dolls with these types of names and i had 13 (!) dolls with full names! hahaha some names are still the same though, i still like [name]Pierce[/name] alot, and i still love [name]Erika[/name] (family memeber took this name before i could! >:( ) Hhaha funny memories

i swore i would have a [name]Stefania[/name], [name]Tina[/name], [name]Lazarus[/name], [name]Connie[/name], & [name]Jillian[/name]
now i’m liking [name]Jack[/name], [name]Leo[/name], [name]Rosalind[/name], & [name]Georgia[/name]

I just found my list from before I became a Nameberry [name]Fan[/name].
Eeek!

Girls~
Ariyah
[name]Briella[/name]
[name]Addison[/name]
[name]Kinsley[/name]

Boys~
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Riley[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]

They’re not TERRIBLE, but my tastes have changed in the last year!

Here’s my top now:

Girls~
[name]Aria[/name] (same name, but the other spelling makes me cringe!)
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]

Boys~
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Weston[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]