I want to see a Babyberry named _______!

I don’t know of a single Babyberry named ______, but I really want to see one!

3 Likes

Ooh… good question! :thinking:

Capucine :heartpulse:

2 Likes

I don’t know of a single Babyberry named [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u], but I really want to see one!

4 Likes

Just a start:
[name_m]Roald[/name_m]
[name_f]Phyllida[/name_f]

I know two Taliesins IRL. Gorgeous name!

4 Likes

@katinka, and @rosepip, I very much appreciate that the first names mentioned in this thread are ones on our longlist.

3 Likes

Clemency or [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I also loooove [name_m]Sachin[/name_m] for a boy. It’s a Sanskrit and Hindi name so I don’t feel it would be appropriate (from a cultural perspective) to use it myself, but I would love to see it used! Beautiful name with a great namesake in [name_m]Sachin[/name_m] Tendulkar :cricket_bat_and_ball:

3 Likes

Garnett or [name_f]Maelie[/name_f]!

2 Likes

Marmaduke!

If it’s good enough for [name_m]Bear[/name_m] Grylls… :bear:

2 Likes

I was like it would be impossible for an [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] not to be in amongst the birth announcements. There are indeed several, though not active members it would seem. But how is there no [name_f]Clemency[/name_f]?! 2 mentions of it ALMOST making the cut, but no actual babes!

1 Like

It doesn’t have this connotation in the UK, but I know the “granting clemency” (to death row prisoners) thing is often brought up by US Berries.

There have indeed been several Adelaides, but I’d love to see an [name_f]Adelais[/name_f], or indeed a Rohais or [name_f]Athenais[/name_f]!

@Kipperbo1 is the ultimate authority on which names have and haven’t appeared in our Birth Announcements :wink:

2 Likes

Haha. yes. Good enough for [name_m]Bear[/name_m] Grylls should be the bar for everything… here is a pouch of my own urine that I will now filter through sand and drink. All jokes aside, if [name_m]Marmaduke[/name_m] weren’t religiousy in connotation he’d be on my list. DH likes it, too.

1 Like

My mum tried to convince me to use [name_m]Marmaduke[/name_m]! Considering she chose the most boring classic names ever for her own three children, I can’t help but think she was trying to live vicariously through me :joy:

Marmaduke [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] “Winterfield” would have been quite something!

7 Likes

Calliope!

4 Likes

Haha… but if your partner had been an identical twin it would have been perfect!

2 Likes

Evander
[name_m]Finnian[/name_m]

Vesper
[name_f]Jessamy[/name_f]

3 Likes

@anon25197097, @mcinkat has an 3vand3r whose announcement she kept from us!

2 Likes

Lovely!

Isola!