Ideal MN for Emmeline?

[name]Hi[/name]!

So, I’ve got my boy name - for [name]FUTURE[/name] children - thread down below, and it has rapidly become a search to find a great middle name for [name]Emmeline[/name], which I say with a [name]LINE[/name] ending…

I want something that “goes” with - not necessarily matches - my other female favorites, those being [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]. Coincidentally, both of those have six syllables, so I don’t want any one-syllable middle names for [name]Emmeline[/name].

Here’s what I’ve been through so far. I started with [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] or [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] because I love it and [name]Ruby[/name] for my great-grandmother, who passed a few years back. That somehow evolved into [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name], which I adore, but it has two issues - 1) another C middle name, and 2) something seems to be missing, and I don’t see it standing up to [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]. From there, here is a list of potentials I’ve created, with help:

[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Flora[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] - [name]Sarah[/name] is my twin sister!
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

So, are any of the above the “ideal” [name]Emmeline[/name] combination to go with [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Eliza[/name], my favorites for future daughters? (Boy names that I like for future children seem to be focusing in on [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name], [name]William[/name] [name]Boyd[/name], and [name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name], if that helps). If not, what do you Berries suggest?

Thanks to all who have already helped!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I really love [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Emmeline[/name] is not one of my favorite names, especially with the [name]LINE[/name] ending, but it’s pretty and goes well with [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name]. I love [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], and from your list, [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Frances[/name] is beautiful!! I also like [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Alice[/name]. All of them are great, though. Others (not that you need them; yours are great!):

[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] (not with [name]Eliza[/name], though)
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Julia[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Eva[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Clara[/name] (it starts with C…)
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Willa[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Clio[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ginevra[/name]

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Iris[/name]!

Thanks for your kind reply! I know that many people prefer [name]Emmeline[/name] with the “leen” ending, but I’ve grown up hearing it as [name]Emmeline[/name] - I can’t change now! The name has only recently become one of my favorites. I’m glad you can see it with [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name]!

[name]Do[/name] you think that [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Frances[/name] has the same “sparkle power” - that’s what I like to call it! - as [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]? I love it, too, but I was worried about it…

I do like [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sylvie[/name] from your list. Again, thanks!

[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Alice[/name] stands out to me. I love the double vowel beginnings.

[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Frances[/name] is also nice. It’s so classic!

Hey! I love, love, love [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]. From your list, [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Frances[/name] is definitely my favorite, and I think it’s perfect with the names you’ve already chosen. [name]Just[/name] perfect…

Take care! :slight_smile:

Thanks, [name]Jill[/name]! So, which do you like most - [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], or [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Frances[/name]?

Oh, and thanks for the comments, [name]Liz[/name]!

Thanks, [name]Jill[/name]! So, which do you like most - [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], or [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Frances[/name]?

[name]Lemon[/name] :-)[/quote]

I love them all! Without taking the last name into account, [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] is probably my favorite to say. I love the vintage names together! But, if I’m thinking about [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] (so pretty!), [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Frances[/name] are my favorites.

I love your list! :slight_smile:

Good luck with your names!

I love them all! Without taking the last name into account, [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] is probably my favorite to say. I love the vintage names together! But, if I’m thinking about [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] (so pretty!), [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Frances[/name] are my favorites.

Good luck with your names![/quote]

Thanks, [name]Jill[/name]! I think I’m actually liking the sound of [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Frances[/name] more out of those other three. It seems to “fit” with [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Eliza[/name], but I worry it isn’t as flow-y and girlish.

Did you happen to have any opinions on my boy names?

Good luck with your names![/quote]

Thanks, [name]Jill[/name]! I think I’m actually liking the sound of [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Frances[/name] more out of those other three. It seems to “fit” with [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Eliza[/name], but I worry it isn’t as flow-y and girlish.

Did you happen to have any opinions on my boy names?

I love [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Frances[/name], and think it’s great with the other names.

The boys’ names? I think I missed that thread. Are they listed here? I’ll go back and see your first post…

[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name]: I love, love this!
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]: I love it!
[name]William[/name] [name]Boyd[/name]: I love this, too…
[name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]: I think it’s really handsome

Good job! :slight_smile:

Oh! For what it’s worth, [name]Frances[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] have the same feel to me, and I think of [name]Emmeline[/name] as being every bit as girlie as [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name].

Okay…I need snack.

Okay - I agree with you! Oh, and thanks for the sweet comments on the boys’ names! Yes, there is a thread down below this one a few, listing a collection of names from which to choose favorites…

For what it’s worth, I’d love to know your favorites, [name]Jill[/name]! You always have such splendid things to say about other people’s names.

Awe, thanks! You, too.

After way too much searching, I finally found the thread. (I’m tired, so I have the dumbs…) :slight_smile: I loved so many of your names, so I don’t think I was much help!

I commented there, but my favorite groups were [name]Henry[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]William[/name], and [name]Peter[/name], and [name]Henry[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name], and [name]Julian[/name].

Yeah…Okay…the stupids are really kicking in. I just spent about 5 seconds searching for the “Shift” key on my keyboard. Must. Go. To. Bed.

Have a good night! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Lemon[/name]! I think that [name]Emmeline[/name] is a very sweet, gentle, elegant name. I like the spunk of [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ruby[/name], but I think I really like [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sarah[/name]. [name]Sarah[/name] is one of my favorites ever, I think it matches the sweetness of [name]Emmeline[/name] while lending a slightly airier quality, I think it’s unexpected as a middle name, and it honors your sister. [name]Just[/name] my take . . .

I do see the charm of [name]Frances[/name] and I think it flows nicely with [name]Emmeline[/name], but it definitely seems less feminine or lush to me than the other names. Not a problem necessarily, but since you asked . . .

If I were to think in purely rhythmic terms, I would perhaps choose for [name]Emmeline[/name] a two-syllable middle accented on the second syllable a la: [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Adele[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Gisele[/name]. Sort of a French rhythm, and your style feels more English than French to me, but just to throw it out there . . .

Also love [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] (not only because I have a [name]Sophia[/name], but there is that), and its rhythm–but really all of your options are good!

Best wishes!

[name]Hilary[/name],

Thanks for the comments - so helpful! Yes, I think [name]Ruby[/name], like [name]Alice[/name], is spunky as a middle name, but [name]Sarah[/name] seems to lend a touch more elegance and feminine softness to the name, along the lines of [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]. At the end of the day, [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] is my “gold standard name,” so it is vital that each other name has a similar, albeit not matching, feel. [name]Do[/name] you think it would be better to use [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sara[/name] than [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sarah[/name]? Any preference? My sister is [name]Sarah[/name].

I see what you are saying about the French rhythm, and [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Giselle[/name] really appeals to me, but [name]Giselle[/name] feels altogether different in style than my other favorites. Cute and spunky, though!

Ha! [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] is sweet, right? Well, I hope that you and your [name]Sophia[/name], and the rest of your family, have an absolutely wonderful [name]St[/name]. [name]Patrick[/name]'s [name]Day[/name]!

[name]Hi[/name]! I much prefer [name]Sarah[/name] to [name]Sara[/name]. [name]Sarah[/name] seems more delicate and old-fashioned to me.

I just noticed that you/others had mentioned [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Flora[/name], and I think these are both gorgeous as well! (I think of [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Fiona[/name] as sort of spunky-princess feeling–if you can imagine such a thing–and [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Flora[/name] as more soft and sweet, perhaps along the lines of [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] but shyer.)

[name]Happy[/name] [name]St[/name]. [name]Patrick[/name]'s day to you too!

H

[name]Edit[/name]: I think that [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] is a perfect complement to the “gold standard” of lovely [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name].

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Lemon[/name]! It is funny that you say [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] is 6 syllables, but when I say [name]Catherine[/name] outloud, it is 2 syllables. (My daughter is [name]Emily[/name] [name]Catherine[/name].) Anyway! I love the name [name]Emmeline[/name]! My favorite is still:

[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
OR
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]

[name]How[/name] about these other ideas that may go better with [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]?
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Clara/name --[name]Clara[/name] goes well with [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Florence[/name] --a classic name that reminds me of [name]Frances[/name], but a bit more feminine. WDYT?

I would definately go with [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sarah[/name]. Only because [name]Sarah[/name] is your twin sister, you can’t beat that. Maybe I’m biased. I have a twin sister too! hahaha

Hello, friends! It’s a beautiful day outside, and I’m in the mood for more naming fun!

[name]HILARY[/name]

Yes, I definitely see what you mean about a spunky princess, and I totally get that for [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Fiona[/name]. [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Flora[/name] sounds very soft and gentle, delicate and kind, reserved and introspective to me. [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sarah[/name], actually, is in the middle for me - not quite as shy and quiet as [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Flora[/name], but definitely not as princess-like as [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Fiona[/name]. She’s sassy and sweet, playful and cute, but intelligent and quiet, too.

Not totally sure why I even brought up the [name]Sara[/name] versus [name]Sarah[/name] question. Of course I would go with [name]Sarah[/name] - why mess with the spelling? [name]Sarah[/name] feels more, well, whole to me…

KYEMSMA

You know, I was going for technical with the syllabic count, because when I say [name]Catherine[/name], it varies! Sometimes it is the two-syllable CAH-thrin, but other times it is a subtly three-syllable CATH-ah-rin, you know? Actually, it is pretty much always three-syllables, but the one in the middle is more of a breath, I guess…

([name]Emily[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] is lovely! You have a son called [name]Kyle[/name], too, right? What is his middle name?)

I do like [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Clara[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name], and I don’t know why it bothers me so much that they are C middle names, but it does. I’m weird. I want all different initial sets. [name]Just[/name] making it tougher for myself, right? I do still like [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sophia[/name], though, but I think I prefer [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sarah[/name], honestly. Only time - like, 6 years! - will tell…

Oh, and [name]Florence[/name], though lovely, reminds me of [name]Italy[/name]. Which is why I prefer [name]Flora[/name], to be honest! Thanks, though!

NISEY

You have a twin sister, too? What is her name? Would you ever consider using her name for a child? Is it weird?

Thanks to all, and [name]Happy[/name] [name]St[/name]. [name]Patrick[/name]'s [name]Day[/name]! Wishing you all the luck of the Irish…

[name]Hi[/name] there! Thank you for the compliment on [name]Emily[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]…I know [name]Emily[/name] is much too popular now! ([name]Catherine[/name] is a family name on my side, and [name]Emily[/name] is a variation of [name]Amelia[/name] on my side of the family.)
My son’s middle name is [name]Patrick[/name]! (I know you like [name]Patrick[/name] for a mn for a future son, right?)
You are right about [name]Florence[/name]…I still like [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name] or [name]Clara[/name]! ([name]Don[/name]'t worry too much about the C’s! They are all very classic, beautiful names!)