Ideas anyone?

[name]Hi[/name], I’m new here on nameberry. My cousin’s just referred me to this site and I’m hoping to get some help. I have 2 girls-- M. and B., and the younger of the two is already 4. When M was first born, I was going to name her [name]Amabel[/name]–it was just one of those names I was going to use forever, but she was this spunky baby and her own name M. kept coming to mind, so that in the end, [name]Matt[/name] and I named her M. [name]Amabel[/name]. When B. was born three years later, we wanted to sort of keep the flow and B’s middle name became Mabelyn. Note that we love both names very much, and we weren’t naming B. Mabelyn just because… even though it was rather convenient.

Now, here’s our “problem”… I’m expecting another baby girl (!!!) and we’re looking for a way to keep the “flow”. We have not been very successful at all, I have to say… the only thing we have come up with is [name]Alba[/name], and that’s only because I was putting the [name]Amabel[/name] and Mabelyn together to see what name the letters could form, where the name would “fit”. I’m not concerned with the celebrity connection to be honest, but it probably wouldn’t have appealed to me had it not been used in the book The Time [name]Traveler[/name]'s Wife.

Meaning is important but we’ve sort of put that aside for now simply because when you look at M. [name]Amabel[/name] and B. Mabelyn together, the most obvious difference any third name would make would be if it didn’t go together with [name]Amabel[/name] or Mabelyn. We don’t want to go with just [name]Mabel[/name]…

Please, please, please… help us out. Thank you!

[name]Amabel[/name] and Mabelyn

Well, you have bel in the middle and on the end, what about in the beginning?
[name]Belen[/name]
[name]Belah[/name]
[name]Bella[/name]
Bellrose/ Bellarose (favorite!)

Also maybe:

Ammalyn
[name]Clarabel[/name]
[name]Corabelle[/name]
[name]Christabelle[/name]

Ooh, love Bellarose but I’m not sure it totally goes… what do you think of [name]Elma[/name] Bellarose? I.don’t.know.

There’s an Amerlynn in B’s class… so I wouldn’t use this. Have 3 good friends named [name]Clara[/name] and 1 [name]Christabel[/name] from work, so I won’t use those either.

Thanks for your input!

I think a name containing ‘mel’ will also work, like Melrose, [name]Carmel[/name], Rosamel and [name]Melisande[/name], since the ‘mel’ is so emphasized…

There’s also [name]Cybele[/name], [name]Alba[/name] like you mentioned, [name]Rosalba[/name], [name]Maribel[/name], [name]Isobel[/name], [name]Norabel[/name], [name]Mirabel[/name], [name]Philomela[/name], [name]Melina[/name], [name]Imelda[/name]/[name]Amelda[/name], [name]Melina[/name], [name]Melilot[/name], [name]Meliora[/name]/[name]Melior[/name], [name]Melba[/name] would have been lovely if not for toast and probably more :slight_smile:

Best of [name]Luck[/name]!!
And [name]Amabel[/name] is one of my favourite names as well!! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name]!

[name]Maybelle[/name]
Rosabel/[name]Rosabelle[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name]/[name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Bluebell[/name]
[name]Belle[/name]
[name]Abelia[/name]
[name]Abella[/name]

(Sorry for any repeats!)