If I did go with Monroe...

I posted a few weeks ago I posted regarding the names, [name]Marlow[/name], [name]Monroe[/name] and [name]Margo[/name].
The reviews were very mixed re: he names, especially [name]Monroe[/name]. My hubby and I still love it
but would love to think of a pretty middle name, just to play around with. My middle name is [name]Grace[/name], which I could take or leave. ( We don’t feel obligated to use another family members name) Our last name is 2 syllables.
I guess I’d like something 3 syllables or 1. I want something pretty and girlie.
Any ideas would be great!! Thank you!

I really like [name]Monroe[/name] :o)

If you did go with [name]Monroe[/name], I think that the middle name should be something a bit frilly and feminine to soften it a bit. I agree with you that the middle name should either be one or three syllables.

Here are a few ideas that popped into my head:

[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Joy[/name]
Moroe [name]Grace[/name] (I think it would be nice to use your name!)
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (not sure about this one…looks a bit funny, a bit hard to say)
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]/[name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Emily[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Savannah[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]/[name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name] (might be a bit too over the top)
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] (only 2 syllables…but I think it’s cute!)
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]

…good luck with your decision, I’m sure whatever you settle on will be perfect! :smiley:

Mishimee- Thanks so much for your help and encouragement! I do like [name]Grace[/name] and I actually really like the idea
of [name]Lucy[/name]. My last name is 2 syllables and actually starts with an L…so not sure, but i love it! I’ve thought about [name]Elizabeth[/name], but it just doesnt have that spunk. If you have any more ideas, send them my way:) Thanks!!

Personally, I love the name [name]Monroe[/name]. It’s on my list too, but I’m not sure if I’ll have the guts to use it or not (this is coming from the girl who named her son [name]Boston[/name]! haha)… we’ll see. Here’s some middle name suggestions:

[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Christine/name
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Danielle[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Felicia[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Savannah[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Sofia[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] (or ia)
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Shea[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Cheyenne[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Jade[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Maize[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]

[name]Monroe[/name] was on my list for a little while, but as a middle name. I did read about a little girl with the name [name]Ruby[/name]-[name]Monroe[/name] and thought that was neat, so that’s something to consider, too. (Not that name, but using [name]Monroe[/name] in conjunction with another name. Like a hipster version of [name]Ann[/name]-[name]Marie[/name], ya know?) =] Good luck!

I love [name]Monroe[/name]! If you consider the [name]Marilyn[/name] connection it has Old Hollywood glam and fits in with names like like [name]Harlow[/name] and [name]Ava[/name]!

[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Adela[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Helena[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Leonora[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]

Wow, thanks for posting some more replies. I actually have a few front runners.
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Azalea[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Estelle[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Leona[/name]

Thoughts??? Thank you!!

I prefer [name]Monroe[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Monroe[/name] [name]Leona[/name]. I think going from a vowel into another vowel for the start of the middle name doesn’t flow as well. :slight_smile: