If it were a boy this would be easy... Need help with a girl's name!

My wife and I were all set and had a boy’s name picked out and then we were told we were having a girl!!! We can’t seem to agree on a name but both like the carefree summer inspired girl names. My wife really wants to go with [name]Summer[/name] and I don’t dislike it but, it can be associated with a certain profession so I am a little hesitant… [name]One[/name] major problem is that my wife is a school teacher so every name reminds her of someone in her school so we need something a little less popular or of the beaten path if you will… any help would be much appreciated.

Name I like
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Callie[/name]
[name]Caylee[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Lilly[/name]
possibly [name]Waverly[/name]

any thoughts or ideas on any of the names above or any new suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks!!

I love the name [name]Waverly[/name]. It definitely captures the summer-y feeling and is not likely to be a name you wife has encountered in her work quite yet.

Oh yikes, being a teacher is hard since so many names come through your classes over the years! All the names on your list are really pretty.

I personally like the name [name]Callie[/name] the best. I’ve always thought it was a really pretty name.

Okay - I’m not sure what you mean about [name]Summer[/name] but I think it is a beautiful name. [name]Waverly[/name] is interesting and seems to fit your description.

Other ideas for carefree, summery names:

[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Meadow[/name]
[name]Sky[/name]
[name]Sunshine[/name]

[name]Aria[/name]:[name]Air[/name], [name]Melody[/name], Tune; specifically : an accompanied elaborate melody sung (as in an opera) by a single voice. What a beautiful name with an equally beautiful meaning! To me, it exudes 100% class, sophistication, grace and is beautifully unique. It brings to mind a drop dead gorgeous brown haired girl with striking green eyes. I love the name [name]Aria[/name] paired with [name]Francesca[/name] <3 Since your wife likes the name Summer, why not compromise and name her Aria Summer. I don’t think she will have to worry about sharing this name with many, if any of her classmates. I personally have never met another Aria.

Avery:I’ve never really been a fan of “unisex” names. Avery, to me is a masculine name period. The fact that people started using it on girls doesn’t make it feminine or girly at all. I just think it’s awful sorry.

Callie:I’ve always had a soft spot for the name Callie although I think it works better as a nickname and works well for her as a child but not so much as an adult. Callie as an adult might prefer to be called Caroline or Calista. Personally, those names are not my style which is why I decided against using the name but it may be different for you. Calista actually has a very beautiful meaning (it’s Greek for most beautiful)

Caylee:I’m biased because my husbands daughter from a previous relationship has this name except it’s spelled Kaylee. I think it’s a beautiful name for a little girl and when she gets older she can always shorten it to Kay if she wants. Her nicknames are Kay and KK and she is absolutely gorgeous.

Cecilia:It’s just ok. It kind of makes me think of an old lady, sorry. Not terrible, but definetely not my first choice.

Quinn:I don’t like it at all.

Lilly:Lilly is a gorgeous names. The only problem I have with it, is it is WAY too popular. Why not use Lila (LIE-LA) instead? This is a gorgeous name that isn’t as common as Lilly and ages perfectly. Also I think Summer pairs with Lila beautifully.

Waverly:Same as Quinn

[name]Love[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name]!

Many spelling variations of [name]Caylee[/name] actually make this a top 10 name when all the spellings are combined. [name]Lilly[/name] (and spelling variants) and [name]Avery[/name] are top names as well, so if your wife hasn’t encountered them yet she will probably run into many in the coming years. It may just be my area, but I know of 3 little Arias born recently as well. I think [name]Cecilia[/name] or [name]Callie[/name] might be your best bet (mostly because I just don’t care for [name]Waverly[/name] or [name]Quinn[/name], but they would fit your criteria as well).

[name]Love[/name] [name]Waverly[/name] and [name]Lilly[/name]. Some other suggestions; [name]Isla[/name], [name]Azure[/name], [name]Juniper[/name], [name]Willow[/name], [name]Mae[/name]/[name]May[/name], [name]Rose[/name], Lakelyn, [name]Bay[/name], [name]Sunny[/name], [name]Coral[/name], [name]Coralyn[/name], [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Daisy[/name], …

[name]Fawn[/name], [name]Luna[/name], [name]Robin[/name], [name]Meadow[/name], [name]Lyra[/name], [name]Noelle[/name]/[name]Joelle[/name]/Norelle, [name]Mischa[/name], [name]Sunny[/name], [name]Daniella[/name], [name]Elise[/name], [name]Cassidy[/name]/[name]Cassie[/name]/[name]Cass[/name], [name]Daisy[/name].

Mostly ones on my list, actually :).

As for [name]Callie[/name]… That is the name I go by, but my full name is [name]Callista[/name] (which basically no one calls me). As the main concern with [name]Callie[/name] being that it may not age well (may not be a concern of yours, though), I would recommend stealing my full name, haha. I’ve never hated or even came close to hating my full name or my nickname. It’s nice.

And everywhere I go that I use my full name (doctor’s, dentist’s, job interviews, etc.), everyone tells me that it’s so beautiful/pretty. In fact, I went to the dentist today and heard it twice.

[name]Waverly[/name] is beautiful!! So whimsical and unique. My first choice by far. :slight_smile:

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Aria[/name], [name]Callie[/name], [name]Caylee[/name] and [name]Lilly[/name]. I don’t love [name]Quinn[/name] or [name]Waverly[/name], they just don’t sound feminine enough for me. I like [name]Avery[/name] fine. I really dislike [name]Cecelia[/name], no idea why though. [name]How[/name] about [name]Cecily[/name]?

[name]Waverly[/name] is a favorite around here but it makes me think of fabric. Sorry to all [name]Waverly[/name] fans

From your list I like [name]Aria[/name] and [name]Cecilia[/name]. I love [name]Cecilia[/name]! [name]Cecily[/name] is a nice alternative and it keeps the ee sound from [name]Callie[/name] and [name]Lilly[/name].

[name]Lilly[/name] is quite popular. As a teacher, your wife will probably come across one soon. I feel her pain- teaching has ruined many a great name for me too!

I wouldn’t use [name]Callie[/name] as a given name. I think it is quite lovely as a nn for [name]Caroline[/name] or [name]Callista[/name] or [name]Calliope[/name].