If we liked matchy...

Hey there berries!

So I know many of you don’t like similar sounding sibsets, but what if you did? My challenge to you is to look at your short lists and pair up names that you would use if you liked matchy sibsets. These are mine:

[name]Ezra[/name] and [name]Esperanza[/name]
[name]Joy[/name], [name]Juniper[/name] and [name]Jemima[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name] [name]May[/name] and [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Mabel[/name] (This would be the worst!)

What matchiness can you ladies come up with?

• [name]Lily[/name]

[name]Estelle[/name] and [name]Esme[/name]

[name]Anastasia[/name], [name]Anneliese[/name] and [name]Ana[/name]”s. This one makes me feel guilty for liking all of them. They’re such different names that just happen to sound similar. This is the sort of thing I advise others against.

I love the names [name]Harriet[/name] and [name]Harold[/name]. I’d call them [name]Hattie[/name] and [name]Hal[/name], so it’s not too close with the nicknames, but the whole names are too matchy unfortunately.

[name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Dorothea[/name] :
We used [name]Theodore[/name] for [name]Jasper[/name]'s middle instead, but if it hadn’t created theming issues with DH and I’s names, I would have wanted to use it for a first name, and I don’t know how we would have chosen, as they would have been our top boy and girl names.

[name]Juniper[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] are too close, too :frowning:

Also, I love flower names. If I felt a little better about theming, I could happily have named ten daughters, all with flower names.

I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately because my top ten names are very similar in some cases! For example, if I wasn’t against matching, I would very happily name triplet girls [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name]. As it is, the matching ‘el’ beginnings are too much for me, even with the nicknames [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Lizzie[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] :frowning: I also [name]LOVE[/name] flower names like twinkle and would love to name two girls [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Rose[/name].

DH and I like matchy to the point where all of our children will have names that start with M. However, for really matchy combos, you can look to his cousins–brother and sister who are named [name]Nicole[/name] and [name]Nicholas[/name].

Others I’ve heard
[name]Ava[/name] and [name]Avery[/name] (girl and boy)
[name]Sarah[/name] and [name]Tara[/name]
twins [name]Angelina[/name] and [name]Angelique[/name]

[name]Adalyn[/name] and [name]Ashlyn[/name]
[name]Aubrey[/name] and [name]Audrey[/name]
Ailey and Ailyn
[name]Harper[/name] and [name]Harlow[/name]
[name]Willow[/name] and [name]Willa[/name]
[name]Cade[/name] and [name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name] and [name]Isaiah[/name]