"If we use Colette, we need a good middle name"

Hello Berries!

Here is what my husband told me yesterday. If we were to use the name Colette (which he is not against but not in love either) we need a good middle name. I suggested Colette Freya, because Freya is his number one name. He told me that he loves the name itself but he is not sure it goes well with Colette. He thinks they are too different in styles. I told him a third name would maybe change his mind on the association, and I suggested Colette Freya Billie or Colette Freya Sage or even Colette Freya Billie Sage (our daughter has 4 names too). He asked me if it’s not too weird to associate a French name, with a Scandinavian name and then an English name… Which is exactly the origins of our daughter’s names lol. However he finds Liv Marlowe (DD) more logic and coherent than Colette Freya, because Liv is also the English nickname of Olive/Olivia and not just a Scandinavian name. It makes sense for him.

What do you guys think of Colette Freya? Any other idea for a good middle name? To give you an idea, my husband likes Freya, Artemis, Ada, Aster, Terra, Nell, Alma for a girl, Gustave, Astor, Ambrose/Embrun, Zephyr for a boy.
Other names from our girl list are French names (Brune, Romée, Esmée)

• Colette Freya is awesome
  • Colette and Freya don’t go well together, I suggest…

0 voters

Thank you!

Is [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f] an option? To me, that flows better than [name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Freya[/name_f], and you can still call her [name_f]Colette[/name_f] if you wish. I think [name_f]Colette[/name_f] often works best as a middle name. But [name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Freya[/name_f] isn’t bad.

7 Likes

I actually love how this sounds, I didn’t think of it but reading it you’re right it has an amazing flow. Also, I love [name_f]Freya[/name_f] and [name_f]Liv[/name_f] as siblings!

I second [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f]

3 Likes

I’m trying to get used to [name_f]Freya[/name_f]. I can’t say that I dislike it. It’s not a big no, but it’s not an option as right now. [name_f]Liv[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] feels super Scandinavian and we are not.

I love [name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Freya[/name_f] ! I think it sounds lovely and I don’t think the name origins make the combo incongruous at all, just a cool European feel which is also what I get from [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u].

(CF would be honour initials in our family and I’m always trying to make combos that work with it so I’ve also considered this one before but my husband is a no to Colette)

[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] would also be great.

1 Like

[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Freya[/name_f] works to me! Sweet, charming and strong!! I think it’s perfectly normal to have names from different origins. Equally, [name_f]Freya[/name_f] feels so well used outside of Scandinavia that it doesn’t feel odd at all

A few other ideas

[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_u]Endellion[/name_u]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Arianell[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Ambrosia[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_u]Fable[/name_u]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u]

I’m going to jump on the [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f] bandwagon. The flow of those sounds is :ok_hand:

I love [name_f]Colette[/name_f] personally and think a myriad of middles would sound great with it!

[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Adalina[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Opaline[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_u]Mirren[/name_u]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Emeraude[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Lucienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_u]Gemini[/name_u]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Fianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeta[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_u]Delainey[/name_u]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_u]Aletris[/name_u]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Novella[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_u]Janvier[/name_u]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Philomène[/name_f]

Thank you for all the suggestions. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband prefers [name_f]Freya[/name_f]. The poll did help to reasure him about the association :slight_smile:

I’m not a big fan of [name_f]Freya[/name_f], it just sounds harsh to me. That said, I dont think [name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Freya[/name_f] is too bad together.

I have a neice [name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] and she gets lots of compliments on her name.

Also maybe:

[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Fiora[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_u]Florence[/name_u]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]

These probably aren’t the origin you are looking for but I think [name_f]Colette[/name_f] sounds best with a soft sounding middle name.

I really like [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]. That is so so pretty!

i was about to suggest freya colette before i saw the comments! has a better flow than colette freya imo but that one isn’t bad at all

plus i love liv marlowe & freya colette as siblings!

from the names your husband likes i really like colette alma, colette ada & colette esmée

but i do think colette works better as a middle name in general (alma colette, ada colette & esmée colette sound amazing)

I really like [name_f]Liv[/name_f] and [name_f]Colette[/name_f] as siblings!

Maybe…

liv marlowe &

colette sage
colette juni
colette ember
colette iris
colette remi
colette anneli
colette saga
colette nelma
colette maris
colette hesper
colette fern
colette imogene
colette bertille
colette tatum
colette piper
colette elma
colette evelyne/eveline
colette lilou
colette zelda

I don’t mean to add a further layer of complication, but have you considered [name_f]Cosette[/name_f]?