If you changed your name

Hello Berries!

If you changed your name, what would you choose?

I love the name [name_f]Cressida[/name_f]. [name_f]Every[/name_f] middle name I think of either overpowers [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] or does not seem sweet enough. I feel I really do want a middle name, so am searching everywhere in order to put the change into place.

I would change my name to [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f]. I already use [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] as a fake name in a bunch of places :). My middle initial actually starts with a W so that part would be an easy transition!

[name_f]Esmae[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]. It’s my pen name. [name_f]Esmae[/name_f]/[name_f]Esme[/name_f] can be short for [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] (although not a form of it) which means “emerald” in Spanish. [name_f]May[/name_f]‘s birthstone is an emerald, and my, my mom’s, my best friend’s, and my cousin’s birthdays are in [name_f]May[/name_f], plus my other cousin’s middle name is [name_f]Mae[/name_f]. I’d spell it with the ae because my own name is spelled [name_f]Abigael[/name_f], so it’d keep the alternative spelling. [name_f]Esmae[/name_f] is also a combination of two of my childhood dogs’ names: [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] and [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]. I think the nickname [name_f]Essie[/name_f] is gorgeous and fits me too, and I already use [name_f]Essie[/name_f] on other sites.

[name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]. [name_f]Luna[/name_f] is started as a pseudo but it sticks and I already automatically answer to it anyway. Quite obviously related to my name ([name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Angelina[/name_f]) too, which it partly why I chose it.

I’d change it to [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], possible [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] or [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Margareta[/name_f]. [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is for my mum who loves gardening and has parts of [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] in her name and [name_f]Margareta[/name_f] is a version of my grandmothers original Western name before she changed it. I just feel like [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] would suit me, it’s spunky but has a long history, it’s just reflective of my personality.

[name_u]Quincey[/name_u]. Maybe [name_u]Quincey[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] but I don’t know!

[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]/[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]/[name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] is because (on to the internet) I’ve been going by “em” for a while, and because I like vintage names
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] for the same reasons + the nickname mae which I’m really liking rn
[name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] (mah-wda-lee-NEE) is simply because I like it and think it suits me
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] is A) for my birthstone and B) it’s sort of an inside joke for my family and I

When I was little I used to want to be named [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], but now I don’t think that suits me.

I think I’d change mine to [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] [name_f]Alannah[/name_f] now - [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] is one of my long time favourite names, and I feel like it really suits me, and it shares an ending with my birth name. It also ties into my heritage, as does my middle name, which I’d probably keep.

My other option would be [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], as my mum and dad considered naming me [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] when I was born.

[name_f]Belle[/name_f] or [name_f]Bella[/name_f].

My favorite names are [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f], [name_f]Frances[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], but I don’t think any of them would suit me. If I had to rename myself, I’d probably go with [name_f]Althea[/name_f] or [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f].

I like my name and loathe my middle name. If I had to change them… there are many I like, but not many that would suit me.

Nadia, I’ve liked that name since 3rd grade. Maybe Teresa, Ester or Leonor as a middle.

[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] “[name_f]Cara[/name_f]” [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]

I haven’t officially changed my name but a lot of people know me as [name_m]Adrian[/name_m] [name_u]River[/name_u]

Aemona, Tremonia or [name_m]Lemon[/name_m]. All contain my real name Emona which I’m fond of because it’s rare and remarkable. Like now, I would go by [name_f]Emme[/name_f] or [name_m]Emo[/name_m].

Aemona - the real ancestor of my name. It was the name of a [name_m]Roman[/name_m] colony near Ljubljana, Slovenia. I have a strong connection with Slovenia, it’s one of my favourite countries and I think it would suit me.

Tremonia - the old name of the city Dortmund in Germany, I’ve been there and I really admire the city and the people in it. If I was to change my name, I would definitely choose a place name, a place that I have in my heart.

[name_m]Lemon[/name_m] - some friends call me like that, it’s funky and I adore it. I also happen to like lemons and yellow colour a lot, so it would suit me.

For a middle, I don’t know. Maybe [name_f]Florence[/name_f] (one of my all time favourite names), [name_f]Eva[/name_f] (my mother’s name), Sunflower (my favourite flower), Cologne, [name_f]Verona[/name_f], [name_f]Venice[/name_f], Altena (cities I’ve been to and adore), Rhodope (my home mountain) or [name_u]Ray[/name_u] (a short for my grandmother’s name Rayme).

I’ve started going by [name_f]Livia[/name_f] online - I love the sound of it and I think it suits me more than my birth name, but I don’t have the courage to change my name [name_m]IRL[/name_m]. I’d keep my middle name (shared with my mother, though I dislike the spelling) but add another, that is more gender neutral.

I dont know why, but for me it’d be [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u]. It’s not even one of my most favourite names (although years ago it was my #1), but I like it because my name would still start with Ca and I love [name_u]Cass[/name_u] & [name_f]Cassy[/name_f] for short.

[name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] [name_f]Maria[/name_f] has always been what I see as kind of a makeover of my name, [name_f]Carys[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f].

I think I’d choose [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] or [name_f]Annabella[/name_f] or [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]. I’d want to keep the An- part of my name but choose something that fits me better. I’ve thought about changing my name but I know my parents would be offended and hurt so I’ve let go of the idea.

I think [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f] would still me quite well. I don’t plan on ever changing my name, because I love it so much, but if U were to do it, it’d probably be [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f]. It’s not even my favourite name, but it has a lot of nickname my family could use, 'cause my family loves nicknames.

For a middle, I’m not sure I’d give myself one. Middle names are a rarity in Croatia.

I think [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] would probably suit me the most, or maybe [name_f]Maeve[/name_f].