If you had to name a girl in the year 2009

What would you name her?
I’m curious to hear your ideas!

1 Like

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] or [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] :two_hearts:
[name_f]Giuliana[/name_f] or [name_f]Anya[/name_f] :two_hearts:

[name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f]

If I was going by what my tastes were in 2009, I was very into nicknamey names, so I think I would have chosen something along the lines of:

• [name_f]Tilly[/name_f]
  • [name_u]Jessie[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Dolly[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Trudie[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Trixie[/name_f]

[name_f]Tilly[/name_f] would probably have been top choice.

If I was going by what was popular in 2009, I’d go for [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], [name_f]Amy[/name_f] or [name_f]Lola[/name_f]!

1 Like

I remember that around that time my favorite combos were [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] [name_f]Kirsten[/name_f], & [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u].

I still like these names but they’re not really my top choices anymore.

If I went with the names I had “picked out” at that time, she would be named [name_f]Drucilla[/name_f] [name_f]Selene[/name_f], [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f], or [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Rahab[/name_f].

If I went with what was “popular/trendy” at the time, she would be named [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f], [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], or [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Layla[/name_f].

Going by what was generally popular at the time (top 100-200), I would probably choose Stella Caroline, Kate Josephine, or Camila Gabrielle.

Was just one years old :anguished: so let me pick from the top 200 list of my country instead from 2009:

Any from these…

[name_f]Lina[/name_f]
[name_f]Ester[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadia[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]

As middle only because too common

[name_f]Benedetta[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleonora[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]

I’d probably pick [name_f]Olive[/name_f], or [name_u]June[/name_u]. Middle name would’ve been [name_f]Jane[/name_f] or [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

1 Like

In 2009, I was sure I was going to name my future daughter [name_u]Piper[/name_u].

Going off of what I remember liking in 2009: [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] [name_f]Luna[/name_f]
Picking something off of the top 100 of 2009: [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]

[name_f]Madeline[/name_f] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]

I was very deep into my first time reading the HP books and watching the movies, so I think she’d have been [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]. :rofl: I’d still be pleased with that today!

1 Like

Back in 2009 I would have absolutely and without question named a girl [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]. (It’s not even on my list anymore but that’s because it’s so popular now).

[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] nn [name_u]George[/name_u] :womans_hat:

[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] was my [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u] professor’s name at that time but she went by [name_u]George[/name_u] - so cuuuute!!

This was the year my husband and I were married. At the time, we loved [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]. We did use one of these names, eleven years later, for a daughter :heart: