If you HAD to pick one: Saint West or Sir Carter?

So the rumors point to Beyoncé’s son being named Sir [name_u]Carter[/name_u], which seems very on trend right now, considering names like [name_u]Reign[/name_u] and [name_m]King[/name_m]. However, this name (if authentic) really reminds me, specifically, of [name_u]Kim[/name_u] Kardashian’s son, [name_m]Saint[/name_m] [name_u]West[/name_u]. Both are clearly honorifics, and they even start with the same letter. So, of these two unconventional choices, which would you choose and why? (And if you hate them both, pick the one you hate slightly less, lol).

For me, it’s [name_m]Saint[/name_m] [name_u]West[/name_u], hands down. Like many people, my knee jerk reaction was to scoff at the name choice. It seemed pretentious, especially coming from [name_u]Kim[/name_u] K. and [name_m]Kanye[/name_m] [name_u]West[/name_u]. But honestly, it’s grown on me. The sound of the name is quite lovely, it’s short and easy to say, yet sounds complete. There’s a certain softness and romance to the name, but the t at then end makes it sound clear and strong. Also, I think it goes with their last name very well and has more history as a name than I originally thought. I know it can be easy to automatically dislike anything Kardashian related, but bias aside, [name_m]Saint[/name_m] [name_u]West[/name_u] has become a bit of a GP for me.

But I really hate Sir [name_u]Carter[/name_u]. Unlike [name_m]Saint[/name_m], Sir does not sound like a complete name to me, a problem made worse by the fact that [name_u]Carter[/name_u] is a common first name. It just sounds like a man named [name_u]Carter[/name_u] who has been knighted. I keep waiting for the last name, before realizing that Sir is the first name and [name_u]Carter[/name_u] is the last name. With [name_m]Saint[/name_m] [name_u]West[/name_u], I think it is very clear that [name_m]Saint[/name_m] is the first name and [name_u]West[/name_u] the surname. This probably wouldn’t have been as clear with a surname like [name_u]Carter[/name_u] ([name_m]Saint[/name_m] [name_u]Carter[/name_u] would just sound like St. [name_u]Carter[/name_u]), but with [name_u]West[/name_u] I think it works. At the least, I can imagine myself calling a kid, even an adult, [name_m]Saint[/name_m]. But Sir? On a child it feels ridiculous, on adult it sounds as if they don’t have a name at all (Sir is the generic term I use when speaking to a man whose name I don’t know). Also, I can’t help but think of Mr. Sir, from Holes. Also, while some may interpret [name_m]Saint[/name_m] as pretentious, at least it is aspirational, like naming your child with a virtue name. There is nothing aspirational or positive about Sir (as I said, it feels very generic to me). Unless, of course, the name is a reference to knighthood. But Bey and [name_u]Jay[/name_u] Z are American so it just comes off as odd for me.

So that’s my take, but which (if you have to pick) do you guys prefer? Also, do you think that Sir [name_u]Carter[/name_u] is the real name, or do you think it is something else? Thanks, Berries!!:smiley:

I 100% prefer [name_m]Saint[/name_m] [name_u]West[/name_u]. I agree with you on the fact that Sir doesn’t sound like a complete name, and [name_m]Saint[/name_m] is also growing on me! I think that Sir would sound weird on forms and letters (lol, the mum in me is coming out!) - you can’t write Sir Sir [name_u]Carter[/name_u] on a form! At least Sir [name_m]Saint[/name_m] [name_u]Carter[/name_u] sounds slightly better than that! [name_m]Saint[/name_m] and [name_u]North[/name_u] are becoming guilty pleasure names for me (as much as I don’t want to admit it haha).

I would choose [name_m]Saint[/name_m], Sir doesn’t sound like a full first name. I also am quite skeptical that this will be the name [name_f]Beyonce[/name_f] and [name_u]Jay[/name_u]-Z will choose for their son. I find them to be very artistic, so I’m expecting and hoping they’ll choose something more substantial.

I feel the same way about [name_u]North[/name_u]!! I actually think the names come across as rather poetic, but I feel they’ll never get any credit since people tend to think of the parents as tacky. I compare it to the reaction that, say, [name_m]Adam[/name_m] Levine got when naming his daughter [name_u]Dusty[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I know that not everyone liked it, but the media was much kinder than they were to [name_u]North[/name_u] and [name_m]Saint[/name_m] [name_u]West[/name_u].

I dont like either but saint westt sounds more normal

[name_m]Saint[/name_m] [name_u]West[/name_u] is better than Sir [name_u]Carter[/name_u], but I would never use either of those names.
[name_u]North[/name_u] would be cute with another last name.
And yes, I agree about [name_m]Adam[/name_m] Levine getting no criticism for [name_u]Dusty[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], I low key love that name, but the double standard is obvious.

[name_m]Saint[/name_m] [name_u]West[/name_u]

I can’t choose between two awful names. Neither.

[name_m]Saint[/name_m] [name_u]West[/name_u] sounds better than Sir [name_u]Carter[/name_u], but I wouldn’t use either of those names.

As a guilty pleasure, I do not dislike the name [name_m]Saint[/name_m]. If someone can be named [name_m]Santos[/name_m] (Spanish name for boys for on [name_u]January[/name_u] 6th or [name_u]November[/name_u] 1st, Día de los [name_m]Santos[/name_m] [name_m]Reyes[/name_m] y Día de [name_m]Todos[/name_m] los [name_m]Santos[/name_m]), then why not [name_m]Saint[/name_m]? I would love to give my son the middle name [name_m]Toussaint[/name_m] (ofAll Saints). So yeah, [name_m]Saint[/name_m] [name_u]West[/name_u] all the way. I just think the first name-middle name combo isn’t very melodic or appealing.

Although I didn’t think I’d ever prefer something [name_u]Kim[/name_u] did over something Bey did, my vote has to go to [name_m]Saint[/name_m] [name_u]West[/name_u] but I would never use either. Though I suppose as celebrities Sir and [name_m]Saint[/name_m] will get away with their names.

[name_m]Saint[/name_m] [name_u]West[/name_u] (even though I don’t consider [name_u]Kim[/name_u] & [name_m]Kanye[/name_m] celebrities as neither have talent)

Sir just a title. [name_m]Saint[/name_m] is kind of on-trend these days.