If you had to pick one

I do love it, but I’ve never loved how popular it is. I just came very close to using it with my daughter. We went with a different name though. I definitely don’t know as many Olivia’s as Maddie’s.

I prefer [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] spelling for [name_f]Maddie[/name_f], but prefer [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] pronunciation. I just don’t know that I love it enough to use. The baby would probably be our last one. [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] are my absolute favorites. I might have added another name to my list [name_f]Calista[/name_f]. It’s so pretty too.

1 Like

Thank you!

That’s dh’s favorite. If we don’t use [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] for the first name we probably will for her middle name.

Thank you! I like [name_f]Alethea[/name_f] in theory, but it sounds like [name_f]Alicia[/name_f] with a lisp. This potential baby will be our last.

1 Like

I think it would be [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] for me. I love it so much and its a shame its getting so popular (I was going to name my daughter [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] but we went with [name_f]Elise[/name_f] as her middle). I also love [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] (but I prefer the [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] spelling)

Hmm…
[name_f]Athena[/name_f] ~ this is a bold mythological name that feels brave and daring.

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] ~ feels similar to [name_f]Athena[/name_f] with mythological connections and the lovely meaning ‘dawn’ she’s rising in popularity and I like the nickname [name_u]Rory[/name_u]. I think [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] feels friendlier and has a happier sound.

[name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] ~ I’m not a massive fan of the maddie names my favourite is [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] out of all the [name_f]Maddie[/name_f] names.

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] ~ personally I can see the appeal but it’s not a favourite of mine I just find the name too predictable I would prefer [name_f]Olive[/name_f] it’s quirkier and less predictable.

[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] ~ okay so this is my name and even though it’s a bit odd to talk so highly about my name I genuinely love my name. [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] is pretty, elegant and a strong classic. I am normally just called [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] but occasionally I get [name_f]Vicky[/name_f] at work which I’m not a massive fan off, [name_f]Vi[/name_f] or [name_f]Tori[/name_f]. Still most the time it’s [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] I absolutely love my name.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] but as DH isn’t keen my second favourite is [name_f]Aurora[/name_f].

Good luck

[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] is actually my top name and has been for years! But if DH isn’t fond of it, then my second favorite is [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]. [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f] or [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] would be beautiful.

It strangely is my favorite. I don’t usually go for top names and definitely not the top name.

1 Like

Thank you! That doesn’t help me any :joy:

Thank you! Part of me was regretting not using [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] this time around.

1 Like

I just adore [name_f]Livvy[/name_f] and [name_f]Liv[/name_f]. [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is so pretty to me.

1 Like

Dh and I both dislike the name [name_f]Olive[/name_f]. [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is just prettier in my opinion.

I was completely bothered by the popularity which is why I didn’t use it. Part of me regrets not using it, but I know I’d feel that way regardless of what I use because I like so many names for girls.

This would be our last child for sure so it’s either or. I originally suggested [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], but he liked [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] better. I was shocked. I prefer the [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] pronunciation not the line pronunciation.

1 Like

Thank you so do I :blush:

Thank you! I just love [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and we almost used it. [name_f]My[/name_f] problem is I just like way too many names for girls.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve always loved [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] and we almost used it for our last daughter. Our top 3 names were [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]. and [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]. We took [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] and [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] to the hospital. Dh preferred [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] so that’s what we went with.

1 Like

If we went with [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] her name would be [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]

1 Like

You have a lovely list! It sounds like your partner isn’t on board with [name_f]Athena[/name_f] and [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], so I’ll focus on [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f], and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. Personally I have trouble getting on board with [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] because I find it really hard to say; I can definitely appreciate the appeal though, because it’s a beautiful name! What spellings are you debating between for [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f]? I’m not the biggest fan of [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f], but I do really like [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] (pronounced with the -line ending!). I think that’s mostly my favorite because of fond memories of the children’s book, honestly. I definitely get the spelling issue being tricky though! That leaves [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], which it doesn’t sound like you have any cons for? And I agree with you that Liv/Livvy would be an adorable nickname. So I think [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is my favorite for you! Good luck! :yellow_heart: