If Your Name Could Be Anything, What Would It Be?

I think a lot about if I could choose my name right now, what I would choose. I don’t think my name fits me as well as some others would. What I would pick for myself right now is [name]Romilly[/name] [name]Esther[/name]. I love the nickname [name]Romy[/name], and I also think that [name]Romilly[/name] is just a beautiful name. [name]Esther[/name] I love because it has biblical connections, it is underused but familiar, and has a kind of old feel without sounding dated, stuffy, or frilly. I think that it would fit me really well, and it is a fun name that can age relatively well.

If you guys could change your name right now, what would you choose?

I would love to be [name]Kathrine[/name], [name]Kathleen[/name], or [name]Kaitlyn[/name]. :slight_smile: and go by [name]Kate[/name]. I think my birth month, [name]June[/name], is a gorgeous name. so [name]Kathrine[/name] [name]June[/name], [name]Kathleen[/name] [name]June[/name], or [name]Kaitlyn[/name] [name]June[/name] would all make me happy. :smiley:

A lot of the names I like just don’t fit on me I don’t think, since I mostly like non-traditional names. I think [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Grace[/name] would be amazing and fit me well, with the nickname [name]Charlie[/name]. I live in a small town, so classic names are usually a given. I haven’t met any [name]Charlie[/name]'s though and that makes me happy since I love the name. If I could be really outlandish and choose anything no matter what though, my first name would be [name]Evening[/name]. I don’t know why, I just really love that as a name!

I don’t know really, I love my name and wouldn’t change it otherwise. Plus I think the nn [name]Liv[/name] suits me, along with its variants.

I think I’d go with [name]Helen[/name] [name]Grace[/name], nickname [name]Nell[/name]. When I was about 8-15 I would’ve said [name]Hayleigh[/name] [name]Grace[/name], but my tastes have improved. I would love to be called [name]Charlotte[/name] too, but with the nickname [name]Carly[/name] not [name]Charlie[/name], it’s more feminine.

I’m an [name]Erin[/name], and it’s a fine name and all, but I always thought I would make a better [name]Beth[/name]…
My make-believe name is always [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Jane[/name] though. :slight_smile:

I used to hate [name]Gina[/name], but then I grew up. Since I’m name with my dad [name]Jimmy[/name] in mind, I always figured [name]Jena[/name] would’ve made more sense. And my “fake name” is usually [name]Tinka[/name] lol

Good question! I would love to have a simple and classic name like [name]Anne[/name] or [name]Annie[/name]…I got a super trendy 80s name ([name]Tiffany[/name]) that I don’t think fits me at all…

I’m an Eden so, growing up I have gotten some weird looks among the Hailey’s and Emma’s and Emily’s. I have also gotten some complements on it as well. When I was little I used to hate my name. I always wished that my parents would have chosen to give me the first name Lyla (my middle name, and a family name)even though I have about 5 aunts with that name and about 6 cousins with that as their middle name. Honestly, I have always loved the name Ella. It was one of the names my mom was considering for me but she liked Eden a tad more considering her father was a pastor and passed away before I was born. In short I think I would love the name of Ella Juliette(one of the names my dad wanted to me). I adore the name Juliette so I would would love it as a middle. Or perhaps the name Annie. I have always loved how sweet and simple it is. I don’t know I love so many names it is difficult to choose:)!!!

I think I’d go with an old, underused, possibly literary name, like [name]Cordelia[/name].

[name]Even[/name] though I love my name, I would change it to something more romantic or floaty, or something with a cute nickname. [name]Athena[/name] may be pretty, but it’d be nice to have a nickname different from [name]Teenie[/name] or Beans. I would probably want to be [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Margot[/name] or [name]Florence[/name] [name]Leontine[/name].

• [name]Athena[/name]

I’d like to be something short and spunky like [name]Kate[/name]!

I would choose [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Claire[/name].

I love my name, although sometime in public, like when they ask for your name at Starbucks, I go by the alias [name]Natasha[/name]. [name]Kinda[/name] like how [name]Beyonce[/name] is secretly [name]Sasha[/name] Fierce, I secretly feel like [name]Natasha[/name] and the Russian that goes with it. My husband and I have a little joke, that the mischievous person in me is called [name]Ramona[/name]. (I promise I do not have multiple personalities, hahaha :wink: It’s just fun sometimes, ya’ll should try it. Go by a different name when people ask your name at restaurants and coffee shops, it’ll tweak you perception of yourself and spice things up not to mention give you a little identity protection.

I’m actually changing my name; I’m an [name]Emily[/name], but I’m seriously considering [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Jemima[/name] and [name]Clementine[/name].

Hmmm… [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Emme[/name], [name]Maddie[/name]/[name]Madeline[/name],(MY ACTUAL NAME) [name]Elizabeth[/name] & [name]Stella[/name] all suit me well… :slight_smile: